Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

GM are you listening???Yet ANOTHER problem with the A/C!!!

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2014, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry GM are you listening???Yet ANOTHER problem with the A/C!!!

2010 Equinox, been in the shop SEVERAL times for timing chain, transmission, A/C, heat, noises, etc etc. A/C went out again last week. Dropped it off at the dealer, gave it to them for a week to drive and figure it out. Told me no problems. Worked when I picked it up. Service record states they checked all the cable to starter, clean and apply dielectric grease to temp actuator connector. That's fine but I also asked them to check the scroll control valve and the fan motor! A/C stopped working today, it's only 98 degrees... Called to dealer to get it in shop tomorrow but they can't take it until Friday! What the heck? I am sick of the runaround. They worked on it in January for the heat, same problem. I keep telling them it has to be the control is bad. I want someone at GM/Chevrolet to get this fixed. I paid twice as much for this crappy car as for my daughter's Ford Focus. Mine is 4 yrs old, hers is 8 and she's had NO issues with hers. I've always had Chevys and no more when this one is gone.
Old July 15th, 2014, 6:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

no, they are not listening. This is a repair forum, not a complaint line.
Old July 15th, 2014, 11:00 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
no, they are not listening. This is a repair forum, not a complaint line.
^^ +1000

I hate it when people come on here just to rant.
Old July 16th, 2014, 7:46 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Though you can contact Chevrolet Customer Service via this forum to get into contact with a local dealer to help get it resolved....

I know they can't help everyone. But do know they are listening, and any and all quality concerns DO get noted.... its in GM's best interest for future vehicle sales....
Old July 16th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Pepper17,

I’m sorry to hear of the repeat concerns that you have been experiencing with your Equinox. I understand how frustrating going back and forward to the dealership can be. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be happy to contact your dealership on your behalf in order to further discuss your concern. If the extra help is needed please feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. We look forward to helping with your concern!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 18th, 2014, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks to Amber and Kristen at Customer Service

Yes, this is a repair forum and I know some don't like to hear rants. I don't like to rant but it was time. I knew Chevy monitored this forum and offered help so that's why I posted. Amber was helpful and contacted my dealer which gave them a nudge to check out what I'd been telling them. After 3 days this week and staying on top of checking out the problem, the dealer hopefully has it fixed now. Fan motor of the A/C. (which I've been asking them to check among other things) After Amber contacted them, they got a little more serious on trying to get the problem to duplicate instead of trying a couple times and then chalking it up to a "crazy lady". Appreciate the help from Customer Service!
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Pepper17 thanks for taking the time to follow up , its follow ups that make the forums work, and glad to hear the Chevrolet Customer Service was able to get you the extra attention with your delaership