Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Haynes Manual for 05-09 Nox

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2011, 9:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haynes Manual for 05-09 Nox

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone be kind enough to post a soft copy of a Haynes Manual for 05-09 Nox?

Thanks in advance.

L
Old February 22nd, 2011, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

how do you get that?
Old June 11th, 2011, 2:24 PM
CF Active Member

I just bought one off Amazon. With shipping to my house it was only 21 bucks. Sure beats the parts store prices if you can find on that sells it. Autozone and Advance neither one could even order me one here. Maybe if you're in a large, metropolitan area, they'll stock one. But I live in the sticks.
Old June 11th, 2011, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

I have been looking In Little Rock, AR and I have not found one either. I guess I'll order on line.
Old June 11th, 2011, 9:00 PM
CF Active Member

I don't understand why the parts stores don't carry them. I've seen a lot of Equinox's on the highways here in Tennessee. They obviously sold enough units for Haynes corporation to justify the expense of purchasing and disassembling one. That's how they determine whether or not to put a manual out on a vehicle.
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chuzz
I don't understand why the parts stores don't carry them. I've seen a lot of Equinox's on the highways here in Tennessee. They obviously sold enough units for Haynes corporation to justify the expense of purchasing and disassembling one. That's how they determine whether or not to put a manual out on a vehicle.
No kiddin' man, every Auto parts store I ask, don't have them in stock, those who don't know better would say that Haynes has not made one for the Equinox yet, although clearly in Haynes' website there's one. So yeah, Equinox owners are deprived of that right to DIY. Haha.
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:49 AM
CF Junior Member

I just bought one off Amazon. With shipping to my house it was only 21 bucks. Sure beats the parts store prices if you can find on that sells it. Autozone and Advance neither one could even order me one here. Maybe if you're in a large, metropolitan area, they'll stock one. But I live in the sticks.
Right on. Let me know if it's any good alright? I have an 06.
Old June 15th, 2011, 2:44 PM
CF Active Member

I've cruised through it and it's pretty good for the DIY mechanic. I've always gotten pretty good information from Haynes on my vehicles. Of course, if you want to tear down the transmission, you'll be out of luck, but most of us aren't going to do that because of the special tools and space needed to do so. All in all, I'm happy with mine.
Old June 18th, 2011, 3:22 PM
CF Junior Member

I've cruised through it and it's pretty good for the DIY mechanic. I've always gotten pretty good information from Haynes on my vehicles. Of course, if you want to tear down the transmission, you'll be out of luck, but most of us aren't going to do that because of the special tools and space needed to do so. All in all, I'm happy with mine.
Good enough for me. I'm gonna go get one for myself. Thanks man
Old June 18th, 2011, 9:10 PM
CF Active Member

You're quite welcome. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that works on their own vehicle. I'm on disability and there's no way I can afford dealer rates. It may take me a few days to get a job done, but I don't mind. I just look at the money I save.

Quick Reply: Haynes Manual for 05-09 Nox