Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Heater core and inside AC line problem

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2019, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater core and inside AC line problem

I have a 2006 Chevy Equinox and I thought my heater core had went out. So I tried something on YouTube, but ending up putting a hole in one of my AC line under the dash. Is there anyone that has instructions on how to take the dash out to replace the heater core? Thanks in advance.
Old July 12th, 2019, 8:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by garridd1972
I have a 2006 Chevy Equinox and I thought my heater core had went out. So I tried something on YouTube, but ending up putting a hole in one of my AC line under the dash. Is there anyone that has instructions on how to take the dash out to replace the heater core? Thanks in advance.
What if I may ask did you do to damage the A/C line? As for the dash, its a matter of pulling, unscrewing things until you reach the CC box. It's a real chore.
Old July 12th, 2019, 9:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Might be time to bite the bullet and get to your trusted mechanic. When our 05 Suburban needed a new core, I watched videos and recognized my limitations and hired it out. Cost some bucks but I didn't bust anything!!
Old July 13th, 2019, 4:04 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednucleus
Might be time to bite the bullet and get to your trusted mechanic. When our 05 Suburban needed a new core, I watched videos and recognized my limitations and hired it out. Cost some bucks but I didn't bust anything!!
Some simple steps to make sure your heater core remains okay: Use the heater is the HOT season is one. Roll down the windows and put the heater on HIGH. Use a water-additive like RMI. As for the A/C evaporator, run it the winter months. Yeah in most cars it will run on DEFROST, but that is not enough and you may own a vehicle that does not do that. Same as a vehicle that only gets used a few times a year. The seals and gaskets are made to run, not sit still.
Old July 13th, 2019, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had watched a video on YouTube of a guy drilling a hole near the blend door because I was thinking it might been broken but ended up drilling a hole in my evap pipe under the dash