Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

HELP!!!!! 2007 Equinox Power Steering

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2010, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!! 2007 Equinox Power Steering

ok my power steering is out and i hear that it could possibly be the mega fuse i am going to my local dealership they have it in stock yet how do i know mine is blown and also should i disconnect the negative on the battery or will it be ok please help asap thanks
Old December 31st, 2018, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Tested the 80amp fuse on my 2007 Equinox it tested ok, my power steering is not working and is very stiff could this be the motor? I have no warning lights on
Old February 18th, 2019, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default Solved! 08 power steering

If your 80 Amp fuse was not the issue to the loss of your power steering try and wiggle the wiring on you Power steering motor and push in the connectors under the steering column. Do not know if it a temporary or a permanent fix. This might be a quick and easy fix.

Old July 18th, 2019, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jesus Romero

If your 80 Amp fuse was not the issue to the loss of your power steering try and wiggle the wiring on you Power steering motor and push in the connectors under the steering column. Do not know if it a temporary or a permanent fix. This might be a quick and easy fix. https://youtu.be/e-jE_wxKOWY
I just joined so I could confirm that this actually worked for me! I was 99% sure it wouldn't do a damn thing. Hahaha I didn't feel any loose connections, but after wiggling the wires and connector the power steering works again. I only drove it for about 5 minutes, but so far so good.
Old July 19th, 2019, 2:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by deftone323
I just joined so I could confirm that this actually worked for me! I was 99% sure it wouldn't do a damn thing. Hahaha I didn't feel any loose connections, but after wiggling the wires and connector the power steering works again. I only drove it for about 5 minutes, but so far so good.
I’m so glad it helped you and possibly saved you a couple dollars taking it to diagnose or even having a mechanic work on it only to tell you “If it's not this then it will be that” Honestly it’s been 6 months since I did this and I have not lost power steering, only twice the service stabiltrak light comes up but will usually turn off after I turn off the car and turn it back on. I would greatly appreciate it if you support my video and share it so it reaches people having this issue; i looked everywhere and nothing whatsoever was helpful.