Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Need Equinox Cargo dimensions to see if wheelchair will fit

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2017, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Equinox Cargo dimensions to see if wheelchair will fit

My mom is in a wheelchair and I am currently looking at the Equinox. Her wheelchair is 37inch high x 33 inches wide. I would store the wheelchair folded. Searching on these threads I have been able to find that the width of the cargo area between wheel wells is 38-39 inches and the width of the hatch opening is 42 inches. I have not been able to find the dimensions for how deep the cargo area is from plastic border at the hatch to the back seats(with seats all the way back and not folded down). I also cannot find the height of the hatch opening. Can someone help me with this? Thank you so much for your help.
Old April 29th, 2017, 10:29 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

What year is the Equinox you're looking at?
Old April 30th, 2017, 12:09 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
What year is the Equinox you're looking at?
Thank you. I am looking at 2016 model year.
Old April 30th, 2017, 10:09 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

I don't know about the 2010 and newer Equinoxes, but there's no way a wheelchair will fit into the 2005-2009 models.

What's stopping you from taking a wheelchair with you to the dealership to try it out? You could also just bring a tape measure if you want to be more discreet.
Old April 30th, 2017, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Ruley73, yes, that would be the easy way, lol. I wanted some way I could find the info out without having to go to the dealership with the wheelchair or measuring tape while salesmen hovers behind me. But, I guess that would be the best way. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.