Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

New catalytic converter recommendations

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2018, 2:03 PM
ole
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the help ruley73. It is running so nice now it's almost scary. Putting new BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS80 on it this Friday, looking at 5" for this Sunday. The car is for my 17 daughter. need to keep her safe.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 2:42 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ole
Thank you for the help ruley73. It is running so nice now it's almost scary. Putting new BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS80 on it this Friday, looking at 5" for this Sunday. The car is for my 17 daughter. need to keep her safe.
It should fare really well with snow tires. Ours gets around good with just all season tires (General Altimax RT43), and it's only FWD.

Last edited by ruley73; November 22nd, 2018 at 3:13 AM.
Old December 14th, 2018, 11:46 AM
ole
CF Junior Member

P0420. It's back again, just cant seem to shake it. Both upper and lower O2's are now new ac delco parts.
What is my next move? it is running really good, no exhaust smells, no blue smoke at startup or when driving.
Old December 18th, 2018, 11:52 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by geo1
You could try cataclean,sold at all parts stores,cleans them up and o2s also,20$
Or flush it with lacquer thinner after you pull it. Dont put any down the gas tank. Thats some nasty stuff, and I dont know what it will do to the plastic parts.
Old December 19th, 2018, 1:40 PM
ole
CF Junior Member

It's a new cat, lacquer thinner or using cat cleaner is something I just don't want to try. I did have the ecm re-flashed yesterday which did
get rid of the check engine light, for now anyway. Don't know if the ecm is part of the problem or not, wait and see. I'm now looking for a decent engine scan tool, any recommendations. I can't help believing its something stupid and cheap with the engine
Old December 21st, 2018, 4:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ole
It's a new cat, lacquer thinner or using cat cleaner is something I just don't want to try. I did have the ecm re-flashed yesterday which did
get rid of the check engine light, for now anyway. Don't know if the ecm is part of the problem or not, wait and see. I'm now looking for a decent engine scan tool, any recommendations. I can't help believing its something stupid and cheap with the engine
Scotty Kilmer once had an episode where he puts agallon of Lacquer Thinner down a gas Tank. This was really stupid. To us LT on an old cat, it's got to be off the vehicle. later on Scotty does it the right way, thankfully. And it did work. Cataclean is junk. No way that stuff will clean up cats or 02 sensors.
Old December 21st, 2018, 11:16 AM
ole
CF Junior Member

Well, so much for re flashing the ECM, P0420 back as of yesterday.
Old April 1st, 2019, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Did you get anywhere with this?
Old April 2nd, 2019, 12:36 PM
ole
CF Junior Member

Nope, still working on it. Getting it flashed did not help, however I must say with all the little things I've been trying it is now running really nice.
The Dumb Norwegian in me hasn't given up yet.
Old April 2nd, 2019, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ole
Nope, still working on it. Getting it flashed did not help, however I must say with all the little things I've been trying it is now running really nice.
The Dumb Norwegian in me hasn't given up yet.
Yea same thing here. Running great now except for cat codes. All I am hearing is that these aftermarket cats don't work. I'm trying to avoid dropping $1000 on OEMs but not getting anywhere with my Rockauto ones