Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

No sound from speakers

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2018, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: Chevrolet Motors

So I am wondering why so many other customers have asked the same question in the only response that GM Chevrolet can come back with his have you contacted your local dealer?. Answers would be nice.
Old November 29th, 2018, 5:45 PM
CF Beginner

Default No Volume on my Stereo

Instead of asking me if I contacted my local dealer, could you please answer why I do not have any volume coming from my stereo system in my 2005 Chevy Equinox? And could you reply with the answer of how I can fix this why should I have to pay a dealership when I paid for this vehicle? You figure it out.
Old November 29th, 2018, 8:22 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Rachael Denison
Instead of asking me if I contacted my local dealer, could you please answer why I do not have any volume coming from my stereo system in my 2005 Chevy Equinox? And could you reply with the answer of how I can fix this why should I have to pay a dealership when I paid for this vehicle? You figure it out.
Quite frankly, your Equinox is at least 13 years old, and long out of warranty. The dealership is not required to address this for free.

If you want help on here, we need more info. Have you checked any fuses or done any other troubleshooting? If your Equinox has the subwoofer in the cargo area, your factory amplifier is probably bad. Unfortunately, this is a somewhat common problem, and the OEM part has recently been discontinued. If your factory amplifier is bad, you would need to find one from a junk yard, and it must be from a 2005 Equinox. The 2006-2009 models use a different part. if you are skilled in car electronics or know someone that is, you could replace the factory amplifier with an aftermarket 5 channel amp.
Old December 20th, 2018, 12:21 PM
CF Beginner

Check the Amp under the passenger side of the rear seat, it may have failed. Unfortunately, I don't know if anyway to test it, I only replaced the one I had on a suggestion form another tech. My Equinox did the same thing, the AMP fixed the issue. It was not cheap, even though I got a used one.
Old December 11th, 2020, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 07 Equinox my issue is I get a crackling noise from the speakers even when the car is off.
it is a lt with the pioneer premium sound system.
Would love to find a fix for this
Old December 11th, 2020, 5:39 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Spearman
I have a 07 Equinox my issue is I get a crackling noise from the speakers even when the car is off.
it is a lt with the pioneer premium sound system.
Would love to find a fix for this
Is the crackling sound heard from all of the speakers? Subwoofer too?

Does it get louder when using the stereo like normal and turning up the volume?

Do you still hear your warning chimes and turn signal clicks from the speaker in the driver's door?
Old October 11th, 2021, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
Is the crackling sound heard from all of the speakers? Subwoofer too?

Does it get louder when using the stereo like normal and turning up the volume?

Do you still hear your warning chimes and turn signal clicks from the speaker in the driver's door?
I had this crackling noise but from only the passenger front door. Now I have no sound from any speakers except the passenger front. No warning chimes no turn signals nothing please help