Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

no start no headlights no power no instruments

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2018, 9:45 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by hayseed13797
After some more checking I have found that none of the lights at front of car work. no park no turn no hazard no headlight. ????????
I'm assuming you've already checked any relevant fuses/relays. If so, check ground G101 which appears to be is attached to the top of the front of the subframe just behind/under the front left headlamp assembly. I've attached a picture below of ground G101's location.

Old July 24th, 2018, 4:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did find ground 101 and cleaned it,no change same problem. I checked for resistance in ground wire from headlight to battery .001 so i have ground. No power at headlight and parklight sockets. Are there any other relays other than what is in power distribution box? I also did try another bcm, no change. Also the horn is not working.This car is really been a problem child. I do have power at the fuses for all lights that are not working. When I turn on hazard flashers the relays are clicking and rear lights work just nothing up front????????.
Old July 24th, 2018, 1:37 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by hayseed13797
I did find ground 101 and cleaned it,no change same problem. I checked for resistance in ground wire from headlight to battery .001 so i have ground. No power at headlight and parklight sockets. Are there any other relays other than what is in power distribution box? I also did try another bcm, no change. Also the horn is not working.This car is really been a problem child. I do have power at the fuses for all lights that are not working. When I turn on hazard flashers the relays are clicking and rear lights work just nothing up front????????.
I'm thinking there's a break in the harness or something is unplugged somewhere around the radiator support. That's about all that's left since you have power at the fuses. That means there's a break somewhere on the lighting/horn end of the circuit.
Old July 26th, 2018, 3:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ruley73 you were right, the plug in the power distribution box was not tight. All lights work and car runs Ok. With any luck this is the last gremlin. Thanks again for all your help.
Old July 26th, 2018, 2:48 PM
CF Pro Member

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Thank you for posting a follow-up, and the solution. A lot of folks abandon the thread after they fix their problem.