Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

GM Customer

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2018, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy GM Customer

My daughter purchased a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox and she has owned since 9/2018 we have had a major problem with the car just randomly stop running while on the highway crossing a busy intersection or going 60 on the highway and it just all of sound Reduced Engine Power/Service Stabil Track/Service Traction Control comes on and dies, I am very worried that my daughter is going to be serious accident with this car malfunctioning like it randomly has! We have had it checked over by our local Chevrolet dealership and had over a $100.00 inspection done and they said it nothing and even tired a new battery and had alternator tested several times, I have been reading on your forum site and have read non stop complaints on the chev equinox being notorious with this problem, I am scared for my daughter driving this defective vehicle around any longer and I can not believe this serious problem has not addressed, someone is going to die with this problem of vehicle just stalling out at any given time. They need to solve this problem and help out the consumer with getting this repaired I can tell you we will never purchase another GM product again and our driveway has a Camaro, Equinox, 2 Silverado's 2 GMC Sierra's. Please get back to us and let us know what can be done we can't keep spending money on getting this car diagnosed another time and no results!!!