Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

P228D code 2012 equinox

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2018, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P228D code 2012 equinox

I am reading a p228d code. Vehicle stalled and won't run I replaced fuel pressure switch and hp fuel pump. Still can't get rid of code and still won't run. Any one with suggestions please reply I'm going nuts
Old December 5th, 2018, 9:57 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnathon Baker
I am reading a p228d code. Vehicle stalled and won't run I replaced fuel pressure switch and hp fuel pump. Still can't get rid of code and still won't run. Any one with suggestions please reply I'm going nuts
The crankshaft sensor is bad most likely.
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P228d

What is this reply based on? The code doesn't mention it. Id hate to throw more parts at it on just a whim. I'll try it but would like to fortify assumption first
Old December 6th, 2018, 1:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnathon Baker
What is this reply based on? The code doesn't mention it. Id hate to throw more parts at it on just a whim. I'll try it but would like to fortify assumption first
Technically, OBD II code P228D would involve your fuel system but I have seen a crankshaft position sensor repair, when nothing else did. Not into SUV's, but the codes
should be the same since that was the entire idea with OBD II in the first place. When I was young we had no onboard disagnosictics, so one used intuition quite a bit..
Old December 6th, 2018, 1:35 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Have you confirmed that the primary/supply fuel pump in the fuel tank is actually running?
Is P228D the only code you are getting?

The high pressure fuel pump is driven by the intake camshaft, so a timing issue may also cause this code.