Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Pioneer after market radio isn't powering up when key is turned to the ACC position

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2014, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pioneer after market radio isn't powering up when key is turned to the ACC position

Hello guys. This is my first time visiting this site and also my first post!

Starting off I have a 2005 Equinox LT. I had a professional to install a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD back in 2005 in the same Equinox my new stereo is going in. I when in and took the 3100DVD out and sold it. Didn't want to pay the extremely high prices car audio shops charge to install it so I wanted to do it myself! This is my first install.

I have two quick questions. I purchased and installed the Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS head unit myself. Also, I purchased the Metra 70-2103 wiring harness to install with the Pioneer. The ONLY issue I have after installing it myself is that the head unit does not come on at all when I turn my key to ACC mode.

However, I have no issues with the head unit powering up as normal when I turn the key again passing ACC and also when I finally crank it up. I matched color to color when joining both harnesses together. What am I missing to get the unit to work in ACC mode? Am I missing connecting some wires or is the Metra harness the problem?

Also regarding grounding. What I have done is joined the black wire from the Pioneer harness with the Metra harness. Is this the correct way to ground or is there a better of grounding the system. Just wanted to be sure so I won't short anything out in the future. Please help! Thanks!

Last edited by b_squared; September 21st, 2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old September 21st, 2014, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

You'd have to perform a quick Google search to see the wiring diagram for both the Pioneer and the Metra harness. Regardless, the black wire should be the ground wire. However, you've got some sort of electrical issue so I'd check all of your connections and make sure all of the wires are going to the correct paths.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply! When you have a moment take a look at the PAC C2R-GM24B.
Amazon.com : PAC C2R-GM24B Radio Replacement Interface (Chevrolet Equinox) : Vehicle Wiring Harnesses : Car Electronics Amazon.com : PAC C2R-GM24B Radio Replacement Interface (Chevrolet Equinox) : Vehicle Wiring Harnesses : Car Electronics

Will this device help me achieve being able listen to my radio in ACC mode? Thanks