Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Rear knocking in 2014 equinox

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2017, 3:31 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear knocking in 2014 equinox

My 2014 Equinox is making a strange knocking noise in the back. I can't recreate the sound to let my husband hear it or take it to someone to get fixed. It's a few knock followed by very fast knocking sound then it stops completely. I bought my car from an individual not a dealership so I'm not sure what to do to get the problem fixed.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 9:04 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by hdthomas
My 2014 Equinox is making a strange knocking noise in the back. I can't recreate the sound to let my husband hear it or take it to someone to get fixed. It's a few knock followed by very fast knocking sound then it stops completely. I bought my car from an individual not a dealership so I'm not sure what to do to get the problem fixed.
Can you describe the knock and its location a bit more clearly? "In the back" is not precise enough to try to Dx this noise.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 9:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe it's the rear end or a broken sway bar link !
Old November 23rd, 2017, 8:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

there was a tsb for this and i think it has something to do with the fuel pump, believe it for not. search this forum and maybe you can find the link to it.
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equ...ack-end-57479/

Last edited by tech2; November 23rd, 2017 at 8:16 AM.
Old January 17th, 2021, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fuel Pump.

Sounds like fuel pump located in gas tank, in this case...
Old November 20th, 2023, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

I'm glad you said that my 2014 Chevrolet equinox ls AWD is doing the same thing at first I thought it was hearing things but it's only when I'm parked and it's like when I first started up it was really weird it's like a tap tap tap and then tap tap tap tap tap tap tap really fast and then it stops it was really weird I was like great what else is going on with my car right now