Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

rear speaker rattle solution, window is the fix, anybody else?

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2012, 1:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear speaker rattle solution, window is the fix, anybody else?

I just thought of something i experience in my equinox after reading the engine rattle problem post.

In my car, when i play my stereo, my drivers side rear speaker rattles the door panel with bass, and sometimes when the volume is lower, it is very distracting.

One day i found an easy solution for this, not sure it will work for anyone else, but if i roll my window down as little as possible, by pressing the roll-down switch for a millisecond, the window goes down a millimeter or two, and the bass rattle stops during the time the window is in this position. And luckily it doesnt have to roll down enough to let in any air.

This has proved to be quite a reliable solution to this problem.

I'm not sure what it is, but thinking about it, it might be something loose, even paper backing, that by rolling down the window, the air pressure is relieved or something. or maybe the window is pressing against something either before or after moving it down that's affecting it.

funny huh?