Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Rear Turn Signal lite but does not flash

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2012, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Turn Signal lite but does not flash

So my rear turn signal light no longer flashes when I am changing lanes. I just figured that the bulb burnt out but the bulb is still good. Does anyone know what I need to replace in order to get this working again. Is this the turn signal relay and, if so, where is it located and where can I get a replacement part?
Old January 3rd, 2012, 7:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Neither side flashes? Do the hazards work? What year and trim level is your Equinox?
Old January 19th, 2012, 1:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably have gotten this fixed by now, but I thought I would post for others looking into this.

Are you sure about it not being the bulb? Some bulbs may have one or two filaments. In two filament lamps, the smaller of the two is for the tail lights and the larger is for brake lights, turn signals or a combination of both. The steady light you are still getting from the bulb is most likely separate from the flashing of the bulb. Good luck!!
Old January 24th, 2016, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im having a similar issue

ive looked a lot into this but my main problem is that my left 2 blinker lights are not working. The right side are though and every other light for that matter, just not the left 2 blinkers.

ive checked fuses, bulbs, tested some wires behind connectors, checked like 3 grounds. Help!!

Last edited by SeanAtChevy; January 24th, 2016 at 3:43 PM.
Old January 25th, 2016, 10:24 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanAtChevy
ive looked a lot into this but my main problem is that my left 2 blinker lights are not working. The right side are though and every other light for that matter, just not the left 2 blinkers.

ive checked fuses, bulbs, tested some wires behind connectors, checked like 3 grounds. Help!!
What year is your Equinox?

Besides any fuses, there may also be a turn signal relay. Sometimes, it is located in/near the fuse box, but not always. Did you perhaps check/replace that? You also mentioned that you tested some wires. What did you conclude (i.e. - was there any power going to these wires when there was supposed to be)? And does the left side work at all when you turn on your hazard lights?
Old January 27th, 2016, 8:21 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanAtChevy

Hi SeanAtChevy,

Very sorry for the continuing concerns! I can definitely understand how frustrating this may seem, but if you do need the dealership's assistance, we can certainly reach out for you. Feel free to send us a private message if the additional help is needed. We look forward to your updates.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care