Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Remote start on 18 Equinox LT

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2019, 7:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a) the dealer did not install it correctly or b) the kit is defective.
Old February 3rd, 2019, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Sally Nicole

The kit was bought from GM itself and dealer installed. Nothing was made known to me. The whole point of a remote start is to heat/cool the car. Which is what the description said on the GM website when it was bought. Not to start the engine and it not do anything if it’s below 32°F

If that was the case, it should be mentioned on the website as well at the dealer when installed.
that kit is not aftermarket. Hard to answer your questions when you provide the wrong information about what kit it is.
a dealer installed factory kit will power hvac and heated seats...you are not presetting it correctly. have the dealer show you how to do this.

Last edited by tech2; February 3rd, 2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old February 4th, 2019, 2:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
that kit is not aftermarket. Hard to answer your questions when you provide the wrong information about what kit it is.
a dealer installed factory kit will power hvac and heated seats...you are not presetting it correctly. have the dealer show you how to do this.
I did not install or program myself. I took it to the dealer and had them do it because there’s a special code needed so the car knows. It’s an aftermarket GM product is what I was told it was.