Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Stabilitrack and check engine light

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2017, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrack and check engine light

I have a 2007 equinox. I am now having my third episode of my stabiltrak and check engine lights going on. It always happens after hours of highway driving. The las 2 times I have had the Egr valve replaced an it has solved the problem. Does anyone know if there is a bigger problem that is causing my EGR valve to fail? I have also had just the stabiltrack go on but it goes off after the car cools down. What does the stabilitrack even do???
Old May 23rd, 2017, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same problem, you do not say what the code reading is but you need to check for a small leak on the EVAP. Every time I went on vacation we kept getting check stabilizer. The thing is the stabilizer don't have a code so it is going to show EVAP. We have the 3.4 6cy and I had the dealer replace all my plugs and when they did there is a plastic valve under the cover on top that has smog hoses going to it and it was cracked, replaced that valve and had no more problem with the stabilizer light.