Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Timing chain issue again 08 Equinox 3.6

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2018, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing chain issue again 08 Equinox 3.6

I have a 2008 Chevy Equinox Sport With 3.6 which i have had a 1.5 years. Power steering went about 8 months ago...driver side door handle broke months ago...now inside lever broke too! Engine has been running strange for a while...reducing engine power in the middle if highway almost stopping on me. My nephew looked at it (who is a mechanic ) said we need mass air flow sensor. I didn't drive it for a few days then i had to use it I checked oil added some and added engine coolant..got on tne road ...reduced engine power again so i took it slow very sluw on side road to get home well it died!! Kept acting like couldn't get gas...all though it would turn over and start just not stay running. I had it towed home my nephew goes to install new mass air flow sensor but we try to start it because battery was dead, wouldn't start just kept trying to turn over but not run. Nephew tells me it's the timing chain...Omg. This is the 3rd time I had a timing chain issue with GM car that has 3.6 engine!!!! First was 2007 Saturn Outlook, GM paid a third of repairs after alot of back and forth cost me $2000.00. Second timing chain issue with GM 3.6 engine was my 2008 GMC Acadia, still owed money on it didn't even have it a year when it died, GM dealership told me was timing chain and would be around $8000..i owed $9000 on the car..called GM they didn't give a **** over 100,000 or extended warranty!!!!! If I had know that my Equinox had a 3.6 I never would have bought it!!! I have owned GM vehicles my whole life...My Dad, Cousins, Uncles and Grandfathers all worked at GM I was a true blue GM loyal person and family. HOW COULD THEY TURN THEY'RE BACKS ON ME on my Family??????? I still owe $ on my car I don't even want to know how much it's going to cost me to fix This timing chain!!!!! I Am appalled at the GM I trusted with my life...I supported all my life btw I'm 52 years old. I have had 16 GM cars in my life.....16...so much for GM loyalty. Is this what my Grandfathers and father worked for?? To be screwed over by the company they worked for..for 35 years. Unbelievable simply unbelievable!!!

Last edited by Shakee52; June 16th, 2018 at 1:25 PM. Reason: Spelling