Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Took out fuse, put back in....now won't start.

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2010, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took out fuse, put back in....now won't start.

2007 Chevy Equinox LT. Removed 80 amp fuse to check if it was blown, was not (was checking, because was having issues with stabilitrak light coming on and poor performance in the snow). Put same fuse back in. Now will not start. Sounds like the fuel pump is not working, but thought this was odd that it would quite at the same time. Any ideas? I'm at a loss. Please help.
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Have you fixed this problem?
Old December 27th, 2010, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

I'm having the same problem. First my car wouldnt start. then I got a jump. When car started it said- "service stabilitrak" on the DIC. read on another thread on here that its the fuse...80amp. Took that out- took to car store- they said i could only get one from the dealership. My dad put the same fuse back in for the time being. Now the car wont even start. The engine turns over- but wont start.
Old January 9th, 2011, 3:59 AM
CF Beginner

TRY DISCONNECTING BATTERY FOR A FEW MINUTES, THEN RECONNECT. TRY TO START, IF IF STILL WONT, THEN TRY PUTTING NEW FUSE AND DOING SAME AGAIN. THE COMPUTER IS STILL ACTIVE WHEN BATTERY IS PLUGGED IN AND WHEN YOU DISENGAGE FUSE IT COULD EITHER BLOW A RELAY OR SHUT DOWN (which is what it is designed to do) until someone resets the computer. think of it like rebooting windows. Works on most vehicles.
Old January 10th, 2011, 2:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default stabilitrak service message after a jump

So here's what the car fixer dude said. Basically these cars were designed faulty. Any time the battery dies and u jump...or jump some one else this fuse will blow because of where it is located. Causing stearing to go out. So basically this fuse needs to be removed before hand which can be a pain. And getting this fuse can be a pain as well.
Old February 18th, 2011, 3:38 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by London024
So here's what the car fixer dude said. Basically these cars were designed faulty. Any time the battery dies and u jump...or jump some one else this fuse will blow because of where it is located. Causing stearing to go out. So basically this fuse needs to be removed before hand which can be a pain. And getting this fuse can be a pain as well.
Wow, not sure where you got this information from, but it's not right for all Equinox's. During this past snow storm, I had to help out alot of people with dead batteries and jumped alot and never had this problem. I also took a chance to pull out my 80 amp fuse and my Nox started right up. However, before you pull any big fuse like that, you must first disconnect the negative battery, otherwise your Nox will not start. Just a FYI!!