Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Why is new car so noisy

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2018, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is new car so noisy

2018 Chevy Equinox with only 600 miles on it Took it to dealer today and both a salesman and tech drove it. They agreed it was noisy. Was told that is how it is. Can't believe this since the ad for this car said it was quiet. I had wanted a Buick encore but dealer didn't have it in AWD and said could not get me one. I am almost 76 and this will be my last new car. So sorry I did this as I traded in Pontiac Vibe with only 23,000 miles on and like new without any noise like this one. Now they have 11 new Buick Encores on order :0

Last edited by radairspike; April 23rd, 2018 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Want to add more
Old April 23rd, 2018, 8:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

That is a disapointment. If you were to test drive other 2018 equinox models; are they just as noisy as yours?
Old April 24th, 2018, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

Don't think they would be too thrilled if I wanted to test drive another Equinox. They do want to sell me a Buick now !. Really couldn't afford the Chevy so no way can I trade again. Head salesman pressured me into this car as it was, long story. And I really feel like I got ripped off on my trade in. One of the salesman yesterday told me that GM works more on improving the Buick then they do the Equinox as it has been around a long time. This was a very hard lesson to learn and I am very disappointed.

Last edited by radairspike; April 24th, 2018 at 8:04 AM.
Old April 24th, 2018, 8:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

who cares what they want. I'd want to find out if the noise is normal characteristic or a one off. If is just your car, something is wrong and they will fix it underwarranty. If they are all like that then its really on the buyer.
Old April 24th, 2018, 1:25 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Try a different dealership for test drives of another Equinox and also try the service department at the other dealership to see what they say about the noise!
Old April 24th, 2018, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Good idea! However I live in the sticks and only other dealership is over 50 miles away. If we ever get over the snow and bad weather around here I might do that. Thanks for the reply
Old October 28th, 2018, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2017 Equinox quiet

I just bought a low mileage 2017 Equinox LT and it is very quiet.