Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Will never buy a chevy again !!

Old July 4th, 2017, 3:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Will never buy a chevy again !!

How would you like your car to stall due to engine problems near a railway crossing with your kids in!!!
I bought my first ever Chevy equinox LS (2013) some years back. It ran well without any major problems (other than a windshield wiper module issue, which turned out a recall item). It has just over 70k miles on it. A couple of days ago, while I was driving the engine stalled and the car came to a complete halt near a railway crossing. The car vibrated violently, stopped and would not start again. The dashboard monitor gave 2 errors before stopping. The errors read Stabilitrack error and Engine power reduced. I have seen many posts related to this error in this forum with over 200 posts and half a million view. I have researched online and seen this problem occurring to other customers as well, despite having regular oil changes. I have taken this to a dealer service shop in Langhorne , PA 19047. They have the car for about 6 days now and still no ETA. They have refused me a loaner vehicle. I have made several calls to the service shops now and they are still not covering this under warranty. The vehicle is supposed to have power train warranty for 100k miles. They told me that it is a valve problem. Then they asked me to get all the oil change records. When i bought this...they are now asking me to authorize an expenditure of $700 to tear the engine apart. I have made up my mind to never ever buy a Chevy again.
Old July 4th, 2017, 6:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Call the BBB
Old July 5th, 2017, 1:56 AM
CF Monarch

Received 335 Likes on 316 Posts

Did you get the extended warranty from GM? Are you sure it is for 100,000 miles?
Old July 5th, 2017, 7:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 506 Likes on 466 Posts

take it to another dealer. call chevy customer assistance.
IMO its bs for a dealer to charge you for diagnosis when its under powertrain warranty. What they are saying is; the problem may not be warrantable so we need you to pay for us to discover if it is.
Old July 5th, 2017, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

I checked for this. 2013 Equinox offers a 5 year / 100 k mile powertrain warranty. Interestingly the 2017 Equinox offers only 60 K mile warranty. I guess Chevy got bumped up with lot of warranty claims and hence reduce the coverage..
Old July 5th, 2017, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

I agree totally ...this is really a bad customer experience for Chevy owners
Old July 5th, 2017, 7:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 506 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by diliplewis
I checked for this. 2013 Equinox offers a 5 year / 100 k mile powertrain warranty. Interestingly the 2017 Equinox offers only 60 K mile warranty. I guess Chevy got bumped up with lot of warranty claims and hence reduce the coverage..
they dropped the powertrain mileage for the entire product line in 2016; not just nox. Cadillac and Buick may still have 4 years 50 000

if your over the mileage, they aren't screwing you...but yeah the 2010 and newer nox is a crap bomb.

Search this Thread