Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Yet another ABS/TC/Stabilitrack Problem

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Yet another ABS/TC/Stabilitrack Problem

We have a 2007 Chevy Equinox LT, and recently my ABS seems to be activating while driving sometimes, not everytime. Soon the Service Stabilitrack/Traction Control comes on? Then the brakes seem to be locked and are very HOT!!!

Any ideas, I have read alot about an EGR valve needing to be replaced, or an ABS Module?
Old May 30th, 2013, 7:12 PM
Former Sponsor

The ABS Module or wheel sensors sound like a more reasonable explanation for the problems you are having.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks

Thanks I hope to get it fixed soon, it has been a pain, the weird thing is that if you allow it to sit for, say 10 min it clears up...
Old July 13th, 2013, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy Still a problem

Well, I replaced my ABS module, $400.00

The problem is still there.

Let me explain more clearly...

When I drive, after say 20 miles, a noise along with a mild vibration starts happening. When I touch the brake pedal, I do mean TOUCH it, they respond and are very sensitive. The noise and vibration increases dramatically. Then after I park and place the car back in drive it will not move, and the brakes are very hot. After it cools for 10 mins I can drive for anther 20 miles and then the process starts again...

after continued driving the Service Traction Control light/Service Stabilitrak light comes on, never had an ABS light come on.

I have had the ABS system checked and they told me that all the wheel sensors are OK.

ANY IDEAS?????
Old July 17th, 2013, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

I have experienced similar thing with my 2006 Equinox. I haven't had the over heating of the brakes. I've had my three times in the dealership and each time they fixed something else saying the problem was solved, but I still continue to have the issue.