Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox heating issue

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2019, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Equinox heating issue

I recently bought a used 07 Chevy Equinox which currently has 213k kilometers on it, in the summer, cabin heating worked fine, as well as the ac too, then in the fall the ac quit working, into winter now, and within the last month, the cabin heating is starting to act up. It will now blow cold until about 3 or 4 kilometers down the road, then the heat will suddenly work and everything is normal with this. The radiator and overflow is not low and i make sure it is on the level. Are there some thingvi should check to troubleshoot here, or am i on the way to a possible heater core replacement situation. Please could anyone advise me of some steps i can start with here, thanks in advance....
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

the temperature blend door is probably getting stuck
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, that actually may make sense, how would i go about getting access to this to service it or otherwise fix the probkem? And thank you for your reply....
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Sorry I'm not familiar with the Equinox so I can't really give you a step by step.

Generally, blower systems are located on the passenger side and buried pretty deep in the dash. Start by removing the lower trim panels and go from there. Look for the electrical wires that go to the motor/actuator. The blend door is likely plastic and the heat eventually warps it. Sometimes it can be fixed simply by shaving off material where it binds up.