Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Junk

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2019, 7:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junk

Default Junk Eqiunox
This car has 74000 using 3 quarts of oil on less the 3000 miles. GM has it now for special coverage 14882 GM will not cover it because it VIN sensitive which is bull ****, Now they say the timing chain and actuator is junk. mow the exhaust manifold is cracked

I said really 74000 and the engine needs appox. 5000.00 of work really this car is a POS, With all the bulletins out on the car and engine and GM does not want to stand behind there vehicles.

Carl
Old December 7th, 2019, 1:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

we heard you the first time, Carl.
The following 2 users liked this post by mountainmanjoe:
Doug D (December 8th, 2019), ruley73 (December 7th, 2019)
Old December 8th, 2019, 7:17 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
we heard you the first time, Carl.

When was that ????????????
Old December 8th, 2019, 10:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by carl hinkson
When you started a thread three days before this one with the same words.

Ranting doesn't do much good on here. Sometimes the Chevy Customer Service folks do respond, but even they are pretty worthless and just refer you to a stealership.

I myself pretty much ignore any rant posts unless it appears they have a question and can tell us essential information about their vehicle (year, make, model, trim level, engine, AWD/FWD).

​​​​People post stuff about other vehicles in this section occasionally so we can't assume your vehicle is an Equinox even though you're posting in the Equinox section. I'm betting you have a 2010-2017 Equinox with the 2.4L based on the problems you're having.
Old December 8th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

3 days prior. Memory isn't what it used to be, eh?
Old December 9th, 2019, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
When you started a thread three days before this one with the same words.

Ranting doesn't do much good on here. Sometimes the Chevy Customer Service folks do respond, but even they are pretty worthless and just refer you to a stealership.

I myself pretty much ignore any rant posts unless it appears they have a question and can tell us essential information about their vehicle (year, make, model, trim level, engine, AWD/FWD).

​​​​People post stuff about other vehicles in this section occasionally so we can't assume your vehicle is an Equinox even though you're posting in the Equinox section. I'm betting you have a 2010-2017 Equinox with the 2.4L based on the problems you're having.

2013 Equnox this forum seems kind of useless just as much as GM
Old December 9th, 2019, 8:02 AM
Super Moderator

Yet here you are
Old December 9th, 2019, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Yet here you are
YA with zero help from this forum seems to be a big waste of time, Just what I thought it would be
Old December 9th, 2019, 11:52 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

YA with zero help from this forum seems to be a big waste of time, Just what I thought it would be
You didn't provide much information regarding your situation aside from it's burning a lot of oil and the stealership says there are other things wrong that require expensive repairs. You also haven't asked any questions yet, so I'm not sure what kind of help you are expecting.

Does the engine still run OK except for burning oil?
Has the dealership already disassembled and inspected the engine to confirm the damage?

It's very possible that serious damage occurred from running the engine low on oil for too long, but if the engine still seems to run okay and the check engine light isn't on, there may not be any serious damage. Excessive oil consumption in these engines is often caused by a plugged PCV orifice in the intake manifold which is what Special Coverage 14882 is supposed to address. Your vehicle should be included in this as it includes virtually all 2010-2014 Equinox w/2.4L engine. If it's not covered, your dealership should be able to tell you the exact reason why (not just "because your VIN isn't included").

Last edited by ruley73; December 9th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old December 9th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

He doesn’t want help. He’s just here to troll.

Quick Reply: Junk