Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Junk

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2019, 5:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruley73
You didn't provide much information regarding your situation aside from it's burning a lot of oil and the stealership says there are other things wrong that require expensive repairs. You also haven't asked any questions yet, so I'm not sure what kind of help you are expecting.

Does the engine still run OK except for burning oil?
Has the dealership already disassembled and inspected the engine to confirm the damage?

It's very possible that serious damage occurred from running the engine low on oil for too long, but if the engine still seems to run okay and the check engine light isn't on, there may not be any serious damage. Excessive oil consumption in these engines is often caused by a plugged PCV orifice in the intake manifold which is what Special Coverage 14882 is supposed to address. Your vehicle should be included in this as it includes virtually all 2010-2014 Equinox w/2.4L engine. If it's not covered, your dealership should be able to tell you the exact reason why (not just "because your VIN isn't included").

The fixed the PCV problem, They would not cover it under 14882 VIN sensitive. Never run the engine out of oil its quiet. Just got it back yesterday.

My law firm I have on retainer is looking into why these things are not covered.
Old December 10th, 2019, 10:10 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by carl hinkson
The fixed the PCV problem, They would not cover it under 14882 VIN sensitive. Never run the engine out of oil its quiet. Just got it back yesterday.

My law firm I have on retainer is looking into why these things are not covered.
There is a specific reason why your particular vehicle isn't covered and your dealership should be able to communicate that to you. If they cannot or will not do so, you should contact Chevrolet Customer Service, and they should be able to tell you.

Getting a law firm involved is a waste of time and money IMO. Your legal expenses will probably exceed the out-of-pocket costs of the repairs by the time you're done. If all they did was the PCV fix and no other repairs were necessary, you can definitely put an exclamation point on the previous sentence.

Last edited by ruley73; December 10th, 2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old December 10th, 2019, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruley73
There is a specific reason why your particular vehicle isn't covered and your dealership should be able to communicate that to you. If they cannot or will not do so, you should contact Chevrolet Customer Service, and they should be able to tell you.

Getting a law firm involved is a waste of time and money IMO. Your legal expenses will probably exceed the out-of-pocket costs of the repairs by the time you're done. If all they did was the PCV fix and no other repairs were necessary, you can definitely put an exclamation point on the previous sentence.
Dealer can't give any reason except using my VIV its not covered same with customer service they both seem to be useless. I have a law firm on retainer thats why it does not cost me anything. They get their percentage at the end.