Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Knocking Noise

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2017, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking Noise

2015 Chevy Equinox is making a knocking noise. The noise is coming from the back of the vehicle.

Last edited by crystalf; June 28th, 2017 at 3:39 PM.
Old August 10th, 2017, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That could be anything, did you run over anything prior? How many miles on this? Is it more of a ticking, knocking, or clunking noise?
Old August 11th, 2017, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Piece of advice

A buddy of mine had been hearing the same thing on his vortex engine. It seemed as if it was the bottom end. Long story short he went and had the engine bored out and what we would call a normal fix. A fix that would stop most noises in any other motor. Not the case in a chevy 4.3 and up. When they start they have what sounds like a bottom end issue. It's normal. The fix will only lock and cease the engine up. I wouldn't believe it if I'd not seen it myself. He bought another 5.4 vortex. Same sound runs like a champ. It now has over 200,000 miles on it.

Last edited by btmathis02; August 11th, 2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

There is a thread about this same issue happening to 2013 Equinox'. They say it's the auxiliary pump.
Old May 24th, 2024, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Knocking

It is the fuel pump when the car is running and you hear that thumping go to the back of the car immediately crawl underneath and listen in the fuel tank. If you feel it, you can sometimes feel the knock on the plastic fuel tank. There’s something going on with the fuel pump been there done that ended up replacing my fuel pump never heard it again yet.