08 Express 5.3 with single flowmaster 40 drone - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

08 Express 5.3 with single flowmaster 40 drone

Old August 12th, 2018, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 Express 5.3 with single flowmaster 40 drone

Hello,
Anyone run a flowmaster original 40 series had an issue with drone from 70 to 75 mph?
Thanks,
jarrod
Old August 12th, 2018, 4:55 PM
CF Veteran

I had a new muffler put on my 2002 (vortec 350) and it had a horrible drone at about 2500 rpm.....it echoed through the van like I was inside a subwoofer. I was super pissed. I ended up having to get a resonator put on after the muffler.
Old August 12th, 2018, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
I had a new muffler put on my 2002 (vortec 350) and it had a horrible drone at about 2500 rpm.....it echoed through the van like I was inside a subwoofer. I was super pissed. I ended up having to get a resonator put on after the muffler.
Thanks. Looking at other forums and resonators are mentioned as well. Might have to go that route. Thanks for responding!

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: