Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1996 Express Van passenger Vent Cold, others not so much

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2019, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Express Van passenger Vent Cold, others not so much

The passenger vent blows very cold, The other vents are progressively warmer moving from righ to left. Every vent has good flow. Help! Please help!
Old May 21st, 2019, 3:18 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

could be a blender door actuator not fully opening. i would locate yours and try to manipulate it to open fully to see if it helps
Old May 29th, 2019, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my cry for HELP!. That's my thinking at this point too. It would stand to reason that it is only allowing a small amount of cool air into the vents, with the vent on the right the closest to the source of the cool air, and not enough cool air to spread out over all the vents. When I close off the right vent the air in the other vents seems to be a bit cooler. However, given the 96 to 100+ weather we have had it is hard to tell.

My brother is going to pull the blower motor off this weekend. Can you get to the actuator from there? I have been told it is an all day job and then some to try to dismattel the vent system from within the cabin.