Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1996 G10 - Missing MAF Connector?

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2017, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 G10 - Missing MAF Connector?

Greetings:

I have a 96 G10; it is a relatively recent purchase. I was looking at the van for what I suspected was a vacuum leak when I noticed that my MAF sensor appeared to be missing its connector. While it is quite clear that there needs to be a connector going to the MAF sensor, I am less positive about where the "other end" of the connector is supposed to go. I do notice what appears to be an absent connection on the air intake tube (very close to where the MAF connector goes)/ I suspect this is where the other end plugs into, but I am not certain. The van is a 5.0.

Missing connector.

Could anyone confirm or am I missing two distinct connectors? Also, where might be a good place to purchase just the connector?

Thanks.
Old August 10th, 2017, 12:09 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it throwing any codes? is it the original engine?
Old August 10th, 2017, 7:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by canucklehead
Is it throwing any codes? is it the original engine?
It is the the original engine to my knowledge. It is throwing a code related to the o2 sensor. Thanks.
Old August 10th, 2017, 7:51 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fortran

Could anyone confirm or am I missing two distinct connectors? Also, where might be a good place to purchase just the connector?

Thanks.
Yes, you are missing two connectors, they should be part of the engine harness. That part of the harness should be laying on top of the motor, do you see any cut wires?
Old August 10th, 2017, 3:19 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Pull the maf itself, there are (as posted) two connectors. It could be lying underneath it.