Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2002 express 3500 no crank/start

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2017, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 express 3500 no crank/start

I have a 2002 express 3500. Has 185000 miles. Has been giving some trouble starting, was like an hour from home and turned the key and nothing. So I jumped the starter( had done this before and it worked) and got nothing.
Now I have no power to my dash.
I have replaced the starter, the battery, ignition switch and relay. Using my old ignition switch I can jump the red wire (power all the time) and yellow (starter wire) and get the engine to turn over.
Using the same red wire I can cross the red/white wire (run/start) and get the dash to light up and again the engine will turn over but not stay running.
I have traced all the wires I can without taking the entire van apart and nothing seems to be intact. All fuses are good (replaced some but none were bad) .
I have no change in any gear so I have eliminated the park neutral switch.
I also have no power at my ignition fuse (under hood labeled 10A IGN-E). I think my problem has something to do with that fuse and/or the red/white wire.
I am working on getting an OBI to test my ECM and see if that tells me anything but I am at a loss as what to do next.