Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2002 express no heat, not the basics.

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2016, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 express no heat, not the basics.

Have a 02 express 3500 5.7 with no heat. Cover everything I've done, core is not clogged, blower motor replaced, resistor replaced, control panel replaced. The problem i have next to no air flow coming out of any vents no matter what i switch to. I've even gone as far to pull the blower motor out a stuck a leaf blower in there (just to see what happens) and still had very little air flow. The door to go from floor, vent, and defrost moves. Hot to cold door moves. Is there another door i dont know about? Any help would be great i drive 2-500 miles a day.
Old January 30th, 2016, 11:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Blend door actuator? I think they are electric servos that control them...
Old January 30th, 2016, 11:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

https://s3.amazonaws.com/2cp-images/...5630/large.jpg
Old January 30th, 2016, 11:30 PM
CF Beginner

Not sure if thats the same as mine, i know got 3 doors in mine from what i can see and i know for a fact the blend door for hot to cold works, and the mode door to switch where the air comes out works. I can see both moving if i lay under the dash. Do you think there theres somthing inside the unit like another door? I've never had this happen where everything works just no air flow.
Old January 31st, 2016, 6:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like something is clogged? Find a way to check all the air passages. Years ago I had a mouse nest in the fan housing of a Toyota.. (dealer told me it wasn't under warranty because the mouse wasn't Japanese)
Old January 31st, 2016, 7:46 PM
CF Veteran

the not sure about the vans but the 02 pickups have cabin air filters otherwise there is a door or restriction issue for sure
Old January 31st, 2016, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Yea i was thinking there was a nest in there to, but figured the leaf blower would have done something. Still a possibility. Yea unfortunately there is no filter, that was my first guess cause that is exactly what it seems like. Unfortunately its a van so there is literally no room to work. I do appreciate everyone's help so far.