Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2005 Chevy Explorer Limited SE - radio question

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2015, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy Explorer Limited SE - radio question

HI!

We are the new owners of a Chevy conversion van. Everything is great on it but the radio is a touchscreen navigation unit. It says "no map disc" when you hit the NAV button. The manual is for the Chevy Express standard packages not the Explorer Van package we have. I am having troubles finding a part number or anything to go by to find the right disc for it. The dealership we bought it from was a Honda dealer and they were clueless. I am finding a little more and more on the internet but thought maybe someone here would be able to help! Thanks so much!!
Old July 25th, 2015, 7:23 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

I don't know much about the CD's, all I know is that they are all over Ebay and that they go out of date as roads change.
Old July 26th, 2015, 2:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is an aftermarket unit. Post the brand and model number, then we can search it.
Old July 28th, 2015, 8:14 PM
CF Pro Member

I think it's factory, the older units use a CD rather than hard drive or SD drive memory. It's one of the reasons stopping me from putting one in. I like it for the factory look and feel, but functionality wise, what I have is better. Of course, I could be wrong. The owner of this van should post a pic for confirmation. As far as the model number goes, he'd have to pull it out. And with that one piece dash cover... mine's scratched because I was too stupid/lazy to drop the steering column.

Last edited by dberladyn; July 28th, 2015 at 8:17 PM.
Old July 29th, 2015, 12:44 AM
CF Veteran

i figured it was not factory, because the factory location for the back up camera is a little screen on the rear view mirror, which would not be if there was a screen on the radio....but I could be wrong.
Old July 29th, 2015, 11:43 PM
CF Pro Member

I don't get your reply. I guess it was a quick response on your part. The Rear View Camera is always on the Radio UNLESS you don't have the Nav Radio installed at the factory. This is my understanding from everything I have read anyways. But then, we also have to bear in mind, this particular van was built and shipped to an outfitter so anything is possible.
Old July 30th, 2015, 12:06 AM
CF Veteran

http://cdn.qualitymobilevideo.com/me...p-camera-5.jpg

I saw this on a dealer ad so I thought that this was how it was done, maybe before they offered the in dash flat screen......I could be wrong.
Old July 30th, 2015, 12:20 AM
CF Veteran

<table hspace="0" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" vspace="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="arialBold11px" align="left"> Rear Vision Camera </td> <td class="arialBold11px" align="right"> <nobr>$235</nobr> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> Display integrated into rearview mirror. This option features:
  • Rear camera

<table hspace="0" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" vspace="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2"> ifrFeatureBenefit </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2" style="background-image: url(/GMCanada/themes/gmcanada/bottom_horizontal_line.gif); background-repeat:repeat-x;" width="100%"></td></tr></tbody></table>
Old August 1st, 2015, 10:28 AM
CF Pro Member

That's what I have without the OnStar buttons. Well, mines also not auto-dimming, but I don't think you really need it in a long van with tinted windows. I bet that van doesn't have a nav radio, maybe some kind of flip down lcd for the rear passengers.

But I could be wrong, it's just what I currently believe. A dealer can order a van with any kind of options, my van is a prime example. But I think typically there are just common option groups that most just blanket order. But then.. I don't think even dealers are any different than your average Joe. If you look at RPO codes and ordering, to get this item you have have that item, that package.

Temperature gauge for example, you have to have the chrome package to get it. It's just the way the factory simplifies the assembly line. Of course if you had enough money and gave it to the right contact, you could probably order anything you wanted.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry this wasn't notifying me I had responses. I've attached a picture of the current radio. (example of)

Quick Reply: 2005 Chevy Explorer Limited SE - radio question