Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2006 Chevy Express 1500 LS Bench to Quad Seat Install??

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2017, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevy Express 1500 LS Bench to Quad Seat Install??

Curious if anybody has installed two additional Captain Chairs in a 1500 Express LS. Currently Set up with the Benches and I am thinking I would like to have the Four Quad seats (Driver Front, Passenger Front, Second Row Captain - for a total of Four Captain Chairs). How difficult and any chance th e mounting bolts or points are already there from factory????

Thanks

JP
Old March 8th, 2017, 1:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Only the 2002 LT messed around with custom factory captain chairs. The only other people that did it was aftermarket conversion companies.
Its a chore, but I did it in my older van.
You need to remove the seat rails for the rear benches and then cut the front half of the rails off. That way the rear parts can be left in to still use the rear bench. As for the 2nd row buckets, you can either buy some used factory front bucket seats, and install them, or buy an aftermarket set. (which would be more expensive). You will have to position them and drill your own holes. The existing belts on the walls should work, just make sure you have those hold down clips on the side of the bucket to hold the shoulder strap in place....
When you drill the holes, you will need to fab a metal strap underneath to add more strength to the floor where you bolt on, or use large washers....Look at how the front bucket seats are reinforced underneath.