Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2011 Chevy Express 1500 AWD

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2017, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Chevy Express 1500 AWD

Hello, I am considering a 2011 Chevy Express 1500 AWD van with 56,000 miles and will be looking at it on Tuesday afternoon. It appears to be in good shape, but I am hoping to get some advice as to specific areas that I should be looking at for potential issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old March 19th, 2017, 11:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 13 and love it. The tranny, locking diff (if equipped), exhaust manifold bolts, valve tapping on cold startup, codes, (if you have a handheld reader) are a few things to look at.
Service history, reciepts, accident back check, etc.
So many different options as well, what does it have and what does it not have.
Good luck.
Pics??
Old March 20th, 2017, 1:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your quick reply. It is at a Nissan/Subaru dealership and was obtained it at an auto auction. They don't have a lot of information, but did provided an AutoCheck report. There are no accidents reported and it seems to be in very good condition. I'll give it a thorough look over and test drive and will let you know how it turns out.
Old March 20th, 2017, 7:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It may be worth taking it to a shop you trust and paying for a pre purshase check.