Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2019 Radio question

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2018, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Radio question

I know the vans always get the red-headed step-child treatment as far as radios go, but I did see that the 2019 has an option listed for a 6.5 inch touchscreen. I was curious if this radio has the same software that is available in things like the Silverados or Colorados or if it is still a dumbed down version of those radios. If we get this van it will be our family mover and we will spend a lot of time in there. So things like AndroidAuto/Car Play and a decently connected radio would be nice to have.
Old November 17th, 2018, 3:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Wouldn't trying one out be the best way to find that out?
Old November 17th, 2018, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would if I lived anywhere near a 2019 Chevy Express. Unfortunately, the nearest ones are nearly seven hours away and its tough to justify 12+ hours of driving to figure out the answer to a question that could be answered by the good people of this knowledgeable forum.
Old November 17th, 2018, 5:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Wow you must live somewhere very rural. Personally, if I were planning to drop $35k+ on a new vehicle I would need to try it out first, and the radio would not be a deal breaker.
Old November 17th, 2018, 10:55 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

These are the radios we get now. Perhaps like the radios they are replacing there are different features and options.

Old November 17th, 2018, 11:10 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Theoretically, they will both bolt and plug right in. They would just need to be programmed to the VIN for people thinking of trying to update.