Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

4th row bench seat in the back of a Express 1500?

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2014, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th row bench seat in the back of a Express 1500?

What's the best way to install a double or quad bench seat in the very back (4th row) of a 2011 Express 1500? I'd like to move one of the 2nd or 3rd row 3-person benches to the back so there is more room up front. I took off all the side paneling so I could lift up the carpet and it looks like the passenger side rail is set up for a seat to click in, but the driver side rail is not. Also, just moving a 3-person bench to the back doesn't seem like it would fit because of the side paneling and rear AC. I haven't had a chance to check out a 12 passenger to see how they do it.

Here is the passenger side rail in the back:

Here is the driver side rail in the back. This is not set up to accept the seat:

Have any of you installed a bench seat in the back and if so, did you install rails to support the 4-person bench or did you go with an aftermarket bench or seat from another vehicle? Also, any recommendations on places to do an install in the greater Seattle area? Thanks for any pointers!
Old November 9th, 2014, 2:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pick up a set of floor rails and a rear seat from a 12 passenger van. As long as you only mount that seat and delete the mid one. Otherwise you will overload your van by filling it with people that can sue you after the crash........lol
What about the shoulder belts. A 3/4 ton van might have the factory location to bolt it on, but your half ton might not.....
I am already approaching the "is it worth it" part of the conversation........