Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

87 Chevy G20 - Stereo Replacement help

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2018, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, he could barely walk and he didn't look healthy. He needed the money for medical bills.
Old July 18th, 2018, 4:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds to me like it's a bit more than diabetes. He may not have been all that truthful about that. You know how some are about their health. And diabetes doesn't do that to a guy in months. More like years. Neglectful years. His wife probably made him sell it, and no man will admit that.

I look forward to see what you do.
Old July 18th, 2018, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

You know, I think you're right about his wife. It looked like she was happy to see it go.
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Your right my 87 g30 radio came out from the bottom after removeing the dog house . To bad back then no one knew the top screws for removing the dog house cover were behind the ash tray door . I have seen most just were broken off .
Old July 23rd, 2018, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cablesplicer
Your right my 87 g30 radio came out from the bottom after removeing the dog house . To bad back then no one knew the top screws for removing the dog house cover were behind the ash tray door . I have seen most just were broken off .
Thanks, cable! I'll keep that in mind.
Old August 8th, 2018, 12:49 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably need to remove the doghouse no matter what. It will have a brace that bolts to the firewall. There's likely a trim piece on the front of the radio that will pop off. behind that some bolts that need a 10mm socket.
Old August 27th, 2020, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ajaani12
Yes! That is what I have. I had a feeling I would need to do some cutting. Since it takes a forward motion to use the radio, I was thinking of creating a box that extends the radio out so I can access it. It will be a single din stereo. I'll definitely post pictures of my journey.

Thank you!
Hi! Do you have pictures of your journey? I have a '79 G20 that I'm looking to replace the post style stereo in. Thanks so much!