Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

advise on possible purchase of high mileage 2003 2500 series van

Old September 7th, 2010, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advise on possible purchase of high mileage 2003 2500 series van

Hi guys,this is my first post. Funds are tight,a loan is not an option for me. I found a 2003 model with 250k on it,kbb is 1900 or so.What do you guys think?
Old September 10th, 2010, 9:33 PM
awc
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rick0000122
Hi guys,this is my first post. Funds are tight,a loan is not an option for me. I found a 2003 model with 250k on it,kbb is 1900 or so.What do you guys think?

Hey, I'm new here also but I can tell you I purchased a 2003 Express Van with high miles and for the most part it's been good to me (although having a small issue right now). I've seen alot of them last a while but if funds are tight and you can get it bought for the right price even if it only lasts a few years you got your money out of it. Is this a van for personal use or is it a work van? Sometimes that can matter of course. Just my 2 cents but I'm sure there are many great minds here that know way more than I could ever imagine with much more experience. Take care and good luck. I would work on that price a bit.
Old September 11th, 2010, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by awc
Hey, I'm new here also but I can tell you I purchased a 2003 Express Van with high miles and for the most part it's been good to me (although having a small issue right now). I've seen alot of them last a while but if funds are tight and you can get it bought for the right price even if it only lasts a few years you got your money out of it. Is this a van for personal use or is it a work van? Sometimes that can matter of course. Just my 2 cents but I'm sure there are many great minds here that know way more than I could ever imagine with much more experience. Take care and good luck. I would work on that price a bit.
Heyy thanks for the response,sorry for the silly first post.Im just anxious to get a newer van,my 1994 1500 series is tired and super- rusted underneath.I just had the right side leaf spring re-fabricated after it rusted thru.My front end looks like the andrea doria.I have my eye on a 1999 express 2500. I hope to check it out next week if its still for sale.
Old September 13th, 2010, 8:20 PM
awc
CF Beginner

Talking

Heyy thanks for the response,sorry for the silly first post.Im just anxious to get a newer van,my 1994 1500 series is tired and super- rusted underneath.I just had the right side leaf spring re-fabricated after it rusted thru.My front end looks like the andrea doria.I have my eye on a 1999 express 2500. I hope to check it out next week if its still for sale.

No need to apologize, Trust me I was so excited when I bought my newest van...........Like a kid atop the stairs on Christmas morning
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know how you feel. I am currently interested in a 2003 Chevy 3500 Express Cargo Van, 125k miles,$4,500. The mileage doesn't worry me too much, but of course when I go see it I will take it to my mechanic and have it put on a lift,get everything checked out.

I don't believe in auto loans,etc. The borrower is slave to the lender. I rather put in money for parts/repairs on a used older van then to have monthly van payments and a higher insurance premium.
Attached Thumbnails advise on possible purchase of high mileage 2003 2500 series van-img_0101.jpg  
Old October 4th, 2010, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

I just got one-- traded two guns for a 2000 5.0, about 150k miles. Anyways, found out the rough idle was a low compression cylinder-- running on 7 jugs I guess. If you can do the work yourself, like I can, it's still a good investment. With a little bit of mechanical knowledge, a code reader, and some googling abilities, you can still fix most chevy cars and trucks for a reasonable cost.

One thing, though, I got mine and the dummy light wasn't on, so I figured out there were no issues. Somebody pulled the light out of the dash, it's so easy to do on those vans & trucks. If I'd brought a code reader with me, I might have haggled a better deal, though I would have bought it anyway.