Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Express & G-Series Vans (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/)
-   -   Another seat thread (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/another-seat-thread-93210/)

Expresscv November 23rd, 2018 2:22 AM

Another seat thread

I have a 2017 cargo van with the upgraded seats but of course they are still lousy, as far as i can tell the back moves forward/back and the whole seat moves toward the steering wheel or back

no other adjustments but pretty sure the seats do have airbags in them

so my question is , did any of the passenger vans come with nice seats i can swap out that have airbags that my wiring harness will plug into?

i am guessing all these custom conversion seats do not have airbags???

thanks for any help

canucklehead November 23rd, 2018 2:32 AM

my 2013 savana passenger has a 6 way adjustable power seat....

dberladyn November 23rd, 2018 10:38 AM

From what I know, there are only two main options with sub options for each main option. Doesn't matter if you have a passenger or cargo. It's all the same.

Vinyl or Cloth - that's it.
Manual or Power.
Colour.

Personally, I do not find the seat to be bad at all. Even the manager who sold me the truck was suprised (Cadillac Dealer). I think the problem people complain about is age. From what I read, the foam begins loosing it's properties and the seats slowly get uncomfortable. The good news is, parts are widely available. You can buy brand new foam rather easily.

Expresscv November 23rd, 2018 11:39 AM

Canucklehead does yours have airbags in the sides of the seat?

dberladyn my van has been on the road about 7 months from new and has 8000 miles i am sure the seat is not worn out

it is causing me major hip pain
i drive 50,000 miles a year for work, have owned numerous cars the past 15 years and never had this problem, so it is definitely the seat

got a wedge pad and that has helped some but will do searches for stock 6 way power seat for a 2017 chevy van, that sounds like what i need

dberladyn November 23rd, 2018 12:29 PM

I am approaching 50,000 Km. My seat has never bothered me. That armrest on the door though...

StanVan November 23rd, 2018 12:36 PM

I lifted the front of the seats with about 3/4" of washers. Made a big difference.

Expresscv November 23rd, 2018 3:09 PM

This wedge pad is Lifting the seat a good bit and is not making a difference, I think it is the shape of the seat

I haven’t noticed any problems with armrests LOL

canucklehead could you post a few pictures of your six way seat please

dberladyn November 23rd, 2018 3:58 PM

You have a 2017. They redesigned the armrest on the door panel, that's why.

Yes Canucklehead, please post pics of the powerseat. As many as you can.

canucklehead November 23rd, 2018 5:28 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/chevrol...b132756b15.jpg

My seat is basically same as this one. The power control is between you legs while sitting. Single arm rest, and I don't think it has airbags inside the seat. They are in the roof rail.
The wire connector with the red clip on it is the airbag weight sensor I think.
And ditto on that piece of crap arm rest. It squeaks, and digs into your elbow relentlessly.
Another option to changing your seat to a power one, is to pay have have your seat re-foamed. I bought a used 92 ford explorer a while back, and the seller had this done prior. the difference in firmness, comfort and support between the re-foamed driver seat and the factory passenger seat was massive.
My cruze that I bought has padded arm rests right where it needs to have it...What a difference.

dberladyn November 23rd, 2018 9:08 PM

We (at least I) wanted to see the mechanism and any possible mechanical/physical differences. I imagine the base is the same. I am imagining the seat cushion and fabric is the same with the exception of some slits for wires. It is just the slide mechanism I think that that changes. Manual / Power.

That picture you posted is of a newer model van. It has the newer style arm rests on the doors.