Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Any advice for a Chevy G20?

Old October 12th, 2015, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Any advice for a Chevy G20?

Hi! I have a 1991 Chevy G20 Cargo Van that I'm trying to work on for my dad. He used for many years, everything worked on it, and he came to a point where he left it abandoned in 2012. -.- Now he needs it for work, however it needs to get through inspection. We have 2 problems, 1 the drivers side windshield wiper arm is broken, is there any way we can replace it? And 2 there's a problem with the front left turn signal. It wont blink in its pattern, it will just stay stuck on. And when the parking lights are on, the left one is more dimmer than the right one. And when I put the hazards on with the parking lights, the front lights go in a railroad crossing pattern, but the rear will go in a normal hazards pattern. We bought a replacement light bulb for the left turn signal. That did not solve the problem. We then checked the turn signal fuse. It was very rusty. Could that be the problem? Or could it be something else in the left turn signal? If it's the fuse, where can we buy a new one? If it's not, what could be another issue? We need to get this van back on the road, so if anyone knows about this. Please reply, thanks!
Old October 12th, 2015, 11:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bad grounds, rusty contacts, and bad flasher modules can cause all you describe.
I would pull all the bulbs, and clean the contacts and apply some electric grease. Same for any rusty fuses you find.
You can pick up a wiper arm from a wrecker. It has a spline at the base you click onto. New ones can be bought as well for more $.
Old October 13th, 2015, 5:54 AM
CF Beginner

Alright I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Old October 20th, 2015, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Hello. I am working on a 1991 G20. If possible I would like to get some information from you. I need a picture from under your hood. Someone worked on this one and I don't know which way the cruise control is configured. There are a few ways I am told. Where you located. Maybe I come and look.
Thanking you in advance
Bill

Search this Thread