Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Anyone having problems seeing correctly with split view side mirrors?

Old October 27th, 2017, 7:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Or, you can just learn to live with it. My Astro( and previous vehicles) had single piece mirrors, but when I got my '16 Express, I had to adapt. At just under 4 months, it's second nature.

Change is difficult.
Old October 27th, 2017, 9:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
Or, you can just learn to live with it. My Astro( and previous vehicles) had single piece mirrors, but when I got my '16 Express, I had to adapt. At just under 4 months, it's second nature.

Change is difficult.
I've had this van a couple years now, and have hated those split mirrors from day one. This is my 5th van, a Dodge, Ford, and three Chevy's, never had problems with the door mirrors. But today I reread Artie1's post and checked eBay, a pair of original equipment, manual, folding, single pane mirrors for $52.37, free shipping, and bought them, delivery Nov 2. Why put up with the unwanted, and undesirable change, when it's so easy and inexpensive to make it the way you want it, I know I'm going to love them.

For anybody else who is thinking about these mirrors, the ad says 03-07 Express/Savana, that was when they were single pane mirror. All 08-17 have split two-piece mirrors, but the housings are all the same. So they are interchangeable like Artie1 said.

Last edited by Twscarp; October 27th, 2017 at 9:27 PM.
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:32 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have trouble seeing with bifocals. Anyway, don't have them split view jobs but since I had constant 12 volt power in the compartment that houses my useless 5 inch B & W tv I got a rear view mirror out of an S-10 Blazer that has map lights. Got it wired up. It's a handy luxury to have.
Old October 28th, 2017, 4:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am very glad I dont have the split mirrors...
although... The mirrors I do have are not really that
good for towing.. either..
Old October 28th, 2017, 5:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like mine pulling small trailer, bottom two are adjusted to look at the Trailer wheels while the bigger ones look at the rest.

Thank you
Kenny
Old October 28th, 2017, 8:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The only way I can see my tiny trailer, is through the back up camera (which I can turn on manually). One day, I'll have a real trailer.
Old October 29th, 2017, 5:10 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going to try these add on's
Attached Images  
Old October 30th, 2017, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Artie1
See post #5 in this thread. $50 fixes your problem, they're OEM quality.
Thanks Artie1, I have ordered and will update on fit and finish, thanks.
Old January 13th, 2018, 4:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wanted to bump this thread up to the present.
I have my after market mirrors but I dont have a power mirror switch yet.
I have read that you cannot just buy the switch, but need to buy the power window and mirror one as a unit. also getting that little plastic piece of trim that the switch fits into is a bear.
Lastly, there is a spot to plug the mirror into on my vans door, but there is no wire and plug that goes to the switch itself, unless its buried and taped up inside the door.

Has anyone done this conversion from manual mirrors to power heated and have to advice and or pics to share?
Thanks
Old January 14th, 2018, 12:31 AM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by canucklehead
Lastly, there is a spot to plug the mirror into on my vans door, but there is no wire and plug that goes to the switch itself, unless its buried and taped up inside the door.
Has anyone done this conversion from manual mirrors to power heated and have to advice and or pics to share?
Thanks
This connector is right there in the door, though it is not obvious because it has the male part connected to it. Where this male side continues to go in the harness, I don't know, but probably nowhere. Try disconnecting that and connect your switch there.

Search this Thread