Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Anyone having problems seeing correctly with split view side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2018, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a 2017 cargo
Old November 13th, 2018, 7:30 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by express39
fuse for the mirrors is installed and hot. the fuse and relay for the heater is there but no voltage going to the fuse. Im going to get the 12v from the mirror fuse to the mirrors, get a hot wire from the turn signal to the mirror connector R&L, and run wires to the right mirror connector. After that I will have to see where the voltage disappears on the heater fuse in the fuse box. More hunting to do....That upfitter manual you sent is very informative Thanks!
Obviously, the key is on, truck is running...

If you are feeling adventurous, you could unbolt your fusebox, unbolt the three harnesses (one power lead on top, two harnesses underneath), remove the fusebox and use a small slotted driver to pry the tabs taking the fusebox itself completely apart. Then you can trace your power right there on the circuit board to see where it draws power and why you are not getting it. These vans great for a DIY Upfitter. Far more intimidating at first than they really are in these regards. Of course older is better as everything is less miniaturerised and micro'd (the older versions of the circuit boards where easier to work with as they used bulkier components).
Old November 13th, 2018, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse box

I was thinking about that same thing trying to keep it as close to one is I can for future troubleshooting .
Old January 23rd, 2019, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Running around in an '11 cargo van. Couldn't get used to the split mirrors. Swapped them out with early style cheap knockoffs.
It's a lot more gooder fir schure, imo.
And yet, even with the convex mirror on the right side, a blindspot, or lack of total view, is at the 4-5 o'clock area due to the glass being a bit inward of the black housing. They are knockoffs so if I get pizzed, I'll sawzall off that portion of the housing. Inquiring minds want to know. Just my hang up.