Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Express & G-Series Vans (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/)
-   -   Best up grades done (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/best-up-grades-done-85622/)

StanVan October 1st, 2017 8:19 PM

And another thing. It may not be an issue for the warmer states, but a luggage rack makes it harder to get snow off the roof. Even without one, it was still a PITA on my Astro.

Teammuir1 October 1st, 2017 8:27 PM

OK... thanks Stan.....

Teammuir1 October 1st, 2017 8:30 PM

Thats smart thinking...
I am not sold on a luggage rack.. I honestly didnt know they
existed.. till I saw that pic.. lol
I would really like to have a Roof Spoiler.. lol
kinda like a flashback to the 70's... and maybe a Round port hole window
maybe a Tear drop.. lol.... you know that kind... lol

StanVan October 1st, 2017 8:42 PM

You may be in the wrong forum.

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbt.../forum_summary

Just sayin'. Although truthfully, they prefer vans from the 60s and 70s. There are some good ideas there.

Teammuir1 October 2nd, 2017 6:39 AM

STAN
I proweled around there.. a little...
but honestly .. I think I am were I need to be...
I can however get ideas from there..
but they dont post that much there..

StanVan October 3rd, 2017 9:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Some forward progress, and some backwards as well. First, the forward. I got the bed finished enough to be able to sleep on it this weekend. It is my first campout in this van, and while I've had it since July, I've been busy finding a place to live, moving us, and separately, moving my daughter. Basically, the bed has happened since Sunday. This is a 15 passenger, and 3 of the 4 bench seats are taken out. The front 15 inches of the bed does fold down, to allow a second seat to be in place when I'm not camping. I wanted to still carry some people if needed.

Now the backward, and a little back story. When I sold my house in June, it allowed for the purchase of the van, and about $1000.00 of accessories, mainly running boards and a stereo. I ordered it all right after I got the van, and the stereo sat until last week when I installed it. Truthfully, I never looked at it closely. I finished installing it late in the day, at sunset. I figured I'd learn how to work it the next day. During the "learning", I found that while it was close, it wasn't the model I had ordered. I then had contact with the Amazon vendor, who said that he ran out of the one I ordered, and sent the "current equivalent model", without telling me. Or asking either. He is, however, willing to take it back for a full refund, despite the length of time I've had it, or that it was installed. So, the stock unit went back in yesterday. So, it will not be a "bumpin' trip"(subwoofer reference) this weekend, but I do have a bed to sleep in.

Teammuir1 October 3rd, 2017 10:10 PM

Awsome Job Stan....
that really stinks about the radio situation.. but I am sure you will get
it straightened out..... and hopefully you get the one you want......
I am very happy with my stereo... I have the Sirius already connected
so I can listen to the oldies.. any time.....

Have fun on your trip... take lots of pics....
I am headed back to the junk yard tomorrow... looking for a few more things
hopefully I will get alot accomplished .... will post pics as well....
Seems that others have stopped adding their up grades lists....

StanVan October 3rd, 2017 10:29 PM

I will text you some of the action. I get there midday on Thursday. And while I have to wait for the refund, I will solve this radio issue.

Teammuir1 October 4th, 2017 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Absolutely TEXT me the fun you guys are having.... for sure....

I made yet another trip to the junk yard today...picked up more pieces
that I am thinking about using,.

Teammuir1 October 6th, 2017 3:58 AM

Front seats chevy express

I found a set of frt seats that are power.... dont know if they work yet. I thought about taking a small battery out with me and checking.... before I purchase.... but the question is Will they physically bolt it..?
Without and modifications.... the year is 1996 . my van is a 2006....the seats are a lower back seat. They seem real comfy when i sat in them. Id like to be able to unbolt... and bolt right in mine.. any one know if thas possible ?