Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Best up grades done

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2017, 8:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Friend of mine just selling his van here and never installed his crossdrilleds I never checked back with him, I can ask him and he maybe will sell his cheaper, man, i never expected somebody is gonna spent extra money for crossdrilled ones )) they not cheap and not in stock anywhere around I know ))))))))
Old December 10th, 2017, 8:20 PM
CF Junior Member

But if you have nice rims they look good, plus its good to match ceramic pads for front and semimetallics with ceramic compounds or what ever they call it, when you tow notice
And I just kept all factory specs, just better load option
I keep my van all possible stock , its just few upgrades that make sense for his use and making it look better in process, thats all ) never gonna put 20 inch all 22 on it ))))

able improvement.

Old December 10th, 2017, 8:27 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If he has the cross drilled rotors still let me know what he wants for them
I can do paypal.
Were did you get your brake and gas pedal covers at i like them too.
Old December 10th, 2017, 8:31 PM
CF Junior Member

well original pedals were all messed up piece of metal or half rubber on it, so little drilling and adjustment so they will pass inspection, its been made 2 years ago in Virginia beach, before I moved to Florida I believe they cost 9$ on sale at pepboys, dont even know if they make them anymore, like I said it was budget, quick fix, and matching colors only )) plus hated sliding wet shoes )) this helped ))
Old December 10th, 2017, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default chevrolet express aluminum front bumper

My next addition is going to be adding this Aluminum front bumper.
Old December 10th, 2017, 8:45 PM
CF Junior Member

OK checked my older pics these are the reordered rotors I believe plus ceramic pads for front, you dont need it for rear, you can go cheaper for rear.
Plus my real project )) 4runner with Supra twin turbo in it, Van was just for fun.

Old December 11th, 2017, 11:20 AM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Teammuir1, in regards to the rear axles: The semi-floating (SF) is Dana 60S, the full-floating (FF) is Dana 70S. Besides obviously telilng the difference by the protruding axle bolts, each axle has a sticker, that tells if it's 60S/70S and if it's a STD/LOC (open vs locking differential). The RPO codes don't tell if you will have a SF or FF axle, but they do tell if it's a G80 (locking diff).
To be fair, both axles are very stout. I had over 300k miles on my stock SF axle with 0 issues, over 100k of said mileage towing at GCW of 18k. lbs or higher. Replacing the axle is easy. If you have Stabilitrak, make sure the replacement axle also has it (or you will not be able to connect the rear wheel speed sensors and ABS light will always be on). If changing the gear ratio, the PCM will need to be reprogrammed in order for proper speedometer readings. I have changed mine from 3.73 SF to 4.10 FF, due to heavy towing my van does.
From probably 10-15 different 2002-2016 Express vans, between all the engine, wheelbase and cargo/passenger options I have had my hands on during the last years, I have yet to discover the logic behind how GM factory picks the axle. It just seems random to me. Here I go:
2002 Express 3500, extended 8.1 cargo van - FF
2002 Savana 3500, extended 8.1 cargo van - FF
2002 Express 3500, extended 8.1 passenger van - FF (all pre-2002 were drum brakes).
2003 Express 3500, short 6.0 cargo van - FF
2004 Express 3500, extended, 6.0 passenger van - FF
2005 Express 3500, extended, 6.0 passenger van - FF
2006 Express 3500, extended, 6.0 cargo van - SF
2006 Savana 3500, extended 6.0 passenger van (my original red van) - SF
2007 Express 3500, extended 6.6 Duramax cargo van - FF
2008 Express 2500, extended 6.6 Duramax cargo van - SF
2008 Express 3500, short 6.0 cargo van - SF
2009 Express 3500, extended 6.6 Duramax cargo van - FF
2012 Express 3500, extended 6.0 passenger van - SF
2015 Express 3500, extended 6.6 Duramax cargo van - FF
2016 Express 3500, extended 6.6 Duramax cargo van - FF
2016 Express 3500, extended 6.0 cargo van - SF
Old December 11th, 2017, 1:27 PM
CF Pro Member

ARTIE1.
So. What I am understanding from what you wrote is both are 3500 axles. Just different.
It does seem that BJ 's axle would be stronger....
Old December 11th, 2017, 9:30 PM
CF Junior Member

I guess that covers all )))
Old December 13th, 2017, 2:29 PM
CF Pro Member

All these years that I have been working on Cars.. and Trucks... I have always told my Wife
I am never surprised as to what I find....lol
and here is just another example... So if you guys have followed along with me since the
purchase of my Van that now has a nick name of ( Elmo )..... I have told you guys that I
bought from a Friend of a Friend that was down sizing his Fleet of work vehicles..
and this was just what I had been wanting.. Super Clean under the hood so on and so
forth... but I never would have expected what I found out .....
So the story starts with an Oil leak... didnt seem like much at first... I really thought it
had been coming from the top of the motor... you guys remember the valve covers were
a mess.... figured it was coming from them... but since I drove it a few more times..
thanksgiven day... and to get tires.. well the Oil leak has gotton Worse.... like dripping
watch it leak out a quart worse... so I did my inspection and then tighten of the Oil Pan
which appeared that was what was leaking... from one corner and to No luck it still leaked.
hhhhhhmmmm... OK.. so not really knowing what to expect on these 6.0's I went on
and ordered a Pan Gasket and also a Oil Cooler line gasket cause it attaches to the pan.
all the while I am thinking that the gasket was just over tightened by the last person
that was into it... they are metal and rubber compression gaskets .. and have to be
well should be torqued down correctly. so I am figuring that it was just smashed to the
point were it would not stop Fluid passing by... so take a look at the pics.. I think it will
be self explanatory .....
So after looking at the pics.. the idiots that worked on the Van last sure didnt know what
they were doing.. lol.. I will be making a friendly phone call later... and letting him know
what I am in the middle of... if nothing other than to educate him as to who he has
working for him..... and the understanding that he really doesnt know what he or she is
doing.. lol...
I have always stated pics tell a thousand words...
Attached Thumbnails Best up grades done-oil-pan-gasket-1.jpg   Best up grades done-oil-pan-gasket-2.jpg   Best up grades done-oil-pan-gasket-3.jpg   Best up grades done-oil-pan-gasket-4.jpg   Best up grades done-oil-pan-gasket-5.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best up grades done