Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Express & G-Series Vans (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/)
-   -   Best up grades done (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-g-series-vans-30/best-up-grades-done-85622/)

Teammuir1 July 24th, 2018 8:21 PM

I hear ya STAN... I do like my VAN alot... but my truck has been needing some attension for
some while now.. so I figured what the heck lets post the UPGRADES.. and see what happens..
( CRICKETTS.. ) I tell you... lmao

Teammuir1 August 6th, 2018 5:56 AM

Ive been doing some upgrades... but not directly related to the VAN.... its one of my trailers that
I use for hauling my Air Planes.... its been needed that I organize the interior of my trailer so I actually
was able to spend all day yesterday doing so....

Teammuir1 October 24th, 2018 6:21 PM

WOW.. I know I have not been here lately... and I sure thought that others would have
kept the thread going.. by doing their own upgrades... and posting here....
It sure took a while to find this thread... lol.

StanVan October 24th, 2018 9:51 PM

That's just how long you've been gone.

Teammuir1 October 26th, 2018 8:37 PM

I have an issue with the transmission.... and its my own fault so I am blaming myself...
I dont get angry that often so when I do its prolly something that really pissed me
off.... so the story goes ....
I finished flying for the evening and was driving home.. while talking to the wife on the
phone.. ( hands free ) mind you... lol we talked about me stopping and getting some food for
us both... so I did with my 14 ft trailer in tow.... I pull into the Rallys parking lot were I was over out of
the way... or so I thought... as I left the van running and lights on since it was dark out I walked up to
the window to place my order as I was finishing my order the manager looks over at the van and says
I think that car just blocked you in... I looked back thinking how the hell... and sure enough I noticed a
blue ford escape parked 2 wheels off into the grass in a parking spot in front of my van which blocked me
in from just pulling off when I received my order... I started to walk toward that vehicle and this short
(redneck ) little blond starts walking toward the window to place her order I looked at her I said I think you need to
move your car out of my way.. she tells me ( when I get my order I will move ) .... I thought you little incondiderate
@#$#$.... I told her well then I will take care of you.....I jumped in the van and it took 3 times backing and turning
but I went ahead and pulled all the way up into the grass ....blocking her vehicle in then .. ( which in high site )
if I had parked that way in the first place there would not have been an issue ... but I really didnt want to pull into the muddy
grass... I thought I was being considerate by getting out of the way for people... so to get to my problem...
when I did park it was on a slite hill and it did not go into park.. I didnt feel anyting break...or hear anyting either...
So now the van wont stay in park.. I believe that the Parking Paw Broke in the transmission... but here is some
really weird issues... 1 the gear shift indicator does not ever read Park now... 2... The shifter does go into the Park detent
but it does not stop rolling.. 3 while its in park the reverse lights stay on all the time. 4 I have to use the parking brake to
keep the Van from rolling away....
has any one done this to their van ?

Artie1 October 27th, 2018 11:13 AM

Linkage needs adjusted. The adjuster is right there on the shifter cable along the left frame rail.

Teammuir1 October 27th, 2018 11:51 AM

ARTIE 1
hey guy how you been ?
Thanks for the Help.. when and if it Stops raining here I will crawl under her
and check it out.... ( to be continued ) lol

Black'95 March 5th, 2019 9:59 AM

I am enjoying following all the posts on your vans. I also enjoy all the pictures. My van (Cookie Monster) is in a perpetual state of done, but I am always open to ideas on how to improve on it. Keep posting into 2019!!

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...ion-van-72308/

Teammuir1 March 11th, 2019 6:24 AM

Hey everyone... I have been deep into my hobby over the winter months.. more so than I ever have been...
I took a trip up to New Jersey from Kentucky.... on the way home I noticed the oil pressure had dropped
considerably... from 44 psi at cruise to 23 psi at cruise... the motor never made any noise to indicate it
was starving for oil..... I had already in the past changed out the sending unit.... so I guessed I had an
oil pump failing... so for the last 2 days I have been tearing the front of the motor down...
I will go into details on that later.... but I am sure thankful it did not completely fail and I get
stranded.. lol.

Teammuir1b August 24th, 2019 8:44 AM

Hi guys

Ive had a few changes in my life.... and I caint find the info for me to use my original name on here....
So i figured if I made another name i could post on here and talk to a moderator and maybe they could help me get back my access to my original name....
But first i wanted to chime in and say hi to you guys.... ive missed being on here.....
Im sure there has been many new upgrades others have done... caint wait to checkem out...