Notices
Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Best up grades done

Old July 24th, 2018, 8:21 PM
CF Pro Member

I hear ya STAN... I do like my VAN alot... but my truck has been needing some attension for
some while now.. so I figured what the heck lets post the UPGRADES.. and see what happens..
( CRICKETTS.. ) I tell you... lmao
Old August 6th, 2018, 5:56 AM
CF Pro Member

Ive been doing some upgrades... but not directly related to the VAN.... its one of my trailers that
I use for hauling my Air Planes.... its been needed that I organize the interior of my trailer so I actually
was able to spend all day yesterday doing so....
Old October 24th, 2018, 6:21 PM
CF Pro Member

WOW.. I know I have not been here lately... and I sure thought that others would have
kept the thread going.. by doing their own upgrades... and posting here....
It sure took a while to find this thread... lol.
Old October 24th, 2018, 9:51 PM
CF Veteran

That's just how long you've been gone.
Old October 26th, 2018, 8:37 PM
CF Pro Member

I have an issue with the transmission.... and its my own fault so I am blaming myself...
I dont get angry that often so when I do its prolly something that really pissed me
off.... so the story goes ....
I finished flying for the evening and was driving home.. while talking to the wife on the
phone.. ( hands free ) mind you... lol we talked about me stopping and getting some food for
us both... so I did with my 14 ft trailer in tow.... I pull into the Rallys parking lot were I was over out of
the way... or so I thought... as I left the van running and lights on since it was dark out I walked up to
the window to place my order as I was finishing my order the manager looks over at the van and says
I think that car just blocked you in... I looked back thinking how the hell... and sure enough I noticed a
blue ford escape parked 2 wheels off into the grass in a parking spot in front of my van which blocked me
in from just pulling off when I received my order... I started to walk toward that vehicle and this short
(redneck ) little blond starts walking toward the window to place her order I looked at her I said I think you need to
move your car out of my way.. she tells me ( when I get my order I will move ) .... I thought you little incondiderate
@#$#$.... I told her well then I will take care of you.....I jumped in the van and it took 3 times backing and turning
but I went ahead and pulled all the way up into the grass ....blocking her vehicle in then .. ( which in high site )
if I had parked that way in the first place there would not have been an issue ... but I really didnt want to pull into the muddy
grass... I thought I was being considerate by getting out of the way for people... so to get to my problem...
when I did park it was on a slite hill and it did not go into park.. I didnt feel anyting break...or hear anyting either...
So now the van wont stay in park.. I believe that the Parking Paw Broke in the transmission... but here is some
really weird issues... 1 the gear shift indicator does not ever read Park now... 2... The shifter does go into the Park detent
but it does not stop rolling.. 3 while its in park the reverse lights stay on all the time. 4 I have to use the parking brake to
keep the Van from rolling away....
has any one done this to their van ?
Old October 27th, 2018, 11:13 AM
CF Active Member

Linkage needs adjusted. The adjuster is right there on the shifter cable along the left frame rail.
Old October 27th, 2018, 11:51 AM
CF Pro Member

ARTIE 1
hey guy how you been ?
Thanks for the Help.. when and if it Stops raining here I will crawl under her
and check it out.... ( to be continued ) lol
Old March 5th, 2019, 9:59 AM
CF Active Member

I am enjoying following all the posts on your vans. I also enjoy all the pictures. My van (Cookie Monster) is in a perpetual state of done, but I am always open to ideas on how to improve on it. Keep posting into 2019!!

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...ion-van-72308/

Last edited by Black'95; March 5th, 2019 at 10:03 AM.
Old March 11th, 2019, 6:24 AM
CF Pro Member

Hey everyone... I have been deep into my hobby over the winter months.. more so than I ever have been...
I took a trip up to New Jersey from Kentucky.... on the way home I noticed the oil pressure had dropped
considerably... from 44 psi at cruise to 23 psi at cruise... the motor never made any noise to indicate it
was starving for oil..... I had already in the past changed out the sending unit.... so I guessed I had an
oil pump failing... so for the last 2 days I have been tearing the front of the motor down...
I will go into details on that later.... but I am sure thankful it did not completely fail and I get
stranded.. lol.

Last edited by Teammuir1; March 11th, 2019 at 6:27 AM.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: