Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Express, Savana & G-Series Vans (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-savana-g-series-vans-30/)
-   -   Best up grades done (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/express-savana-g-series-vans-30/best-up-grades-done-85622/)

Teammuir1 September 30th, 2017 8:12 PM

Rear speakers - don't bother. The van is so long and huge that as a driver you will not be hearing any sound coming from the back. Especially, if you will be using the van as a van, and sound will be further obstructed by the cargo. Two decent component front door speakers with an amp make the world of difference.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

My van will not have seats that obstruct the sound of my speakers from the rear doors.. I have installed them and they ROCK
I used the Fade on my Double Din Stereo and have them tuned perfectly with the NEW door speakers.....
I will be carrying my RC PLANES.. while pulling my 24ft Enclosed Trailer with my JETS in it .

Teammuir1 September 30th, 2017 8:15 PM

ARTIE 1
MUST have a transmission cooler, or better two of them.
I have a Derale deep pan for my 4L80e that provides 2qt more ATF capacity and cooling tubes, for further cooling down. This provides that additional help when you're pulling uphill.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

I agree 100% and thanks for that Tip.... that will be a must do for me since I will be pulling my 24 ft Enclosed Trailer...
I will look into were I can get that pan.. so might as well change the fluid and filter while I am there as well as my 1st gear servo
like I did in my other GMC Truck... with the Corvette Servo.. to make the nice fast hard shift out of 1st gear quicker.

Teammuir1 September 30th, 2017 8:21 PM

ARTIE 1
Rear view camera - best place to install is in the license plate frame.
Towing:
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Why is that better place for rear viewing rather than the 3rd brake light ?
one that was found has I believe 170 degree viewing...

PLUS.. I am going to go with 2 REAR Cameras.. 1 being in the rear of the VAN...
and 2nd will be in the REAR of the Enclosed trailer.. I have taking the advice or STAN VAN
and he put his on a rocker switch rather than a back up light wire.. he can look behind him
when ever he wants too..
I like that idea.. check out the trailer to van connection when ever you want plus I will
be able to switch to the Trailer camera for backing into my Spot at the Flying Field.

Teammuir1 September 30th, 2017 8:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ARTIE 1
Stock mirrors aren't made for towing. You can't see behind the trailer. There isn't much to recommend besides Velvac brand mirrors that GM installs on cutaway vans (think Penske). There's new style, that looks nice but you cannot fold them in when not towing, and there's old style.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

I Agree again 100% I have actually looked into the high dollar mirrors that are offered by only that ONE company Velvac.. I am not impressed
so I am going to try these for a meer $80.oo

Teammuir1 September 30th, 2017 8:30 PM

ARTIE 1
What else... heated/cooled powered front seats from a Saab 9-5. 8.1 engine for better towing torque. Aux fuel tank in place of the rear spare for farther travel without fill-ups.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

That is a Total Luxury.. for me .. I would be happy with the Arm rests cloth seats... lol
my truck came with the darn vinyl seats that the driver side is TOAST...
because the van sits up to far from the ground with out Step bar.. and people slide their butt out of the seat
my seat is Destroyed.. plus it does not have the arm rest..
I have how ever that bud... that will hook me up with a set of cloth ones with arm rest ...
provided we make sure they fit.. lol I was told that not all the years interchange I am not for sure if that
is true.. but I will soon see Wed. ( next day off ).....

Teammuir1 September 30th, 2017 8:32 PM

MY van has the 6.0 with 3.73 posi gear
plenty of towing power for me and what I am pulling ..
keep in mind. I am not pulling a CAR in the trailer..
just my PLANES.... and equipment.. so I never would be
pulling as much as some with a car in the trailer...

Teammuir1 September 30th, 2017 8:36 PM

ARTIE 1

I would like to know what year your van is >????

because I am interested in knowing more about your Dash....
you have several things that I dont reconize that is on your dash...
below the tow button..
what is that ?
I do like your steering wheel.... IF I knew I could utilize the buttons
like you have on yours.. I would definatly go that route... to control my
KENWOOD.... but other than that I dont want to buy something that
does not work and just looks good.

StanVan September 30th, 2017 10:59 PM

I gotta agree with Artie on the rear speakers. At least the roof ones. I don't think the seats or lack thereof are a factor. It's a combination of how far away they are AND a crappy enclosure. I upgraded mine mainly because it will be right above my bed. But the enclosure needs some work. It's thin walled, and acoustically leaky, both of which I will address later.

Teammuir1 October 1st, 2017 2:13 AM

STAN. ARTIE......

I am not talking about the top speaker modual
I havent installed it yet... I am talking about the rear door speakers 6x9's. They Rock for me....

Teammuir1 October 1st, 2017 2:15 AM

ARTIE 1. Why did you remove the body off the chassis ?