Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

brake rotors - fitment

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2019, 10:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default brake rotors - fitment

I am looking to replace the rear rotors on my, purchased used,
single rear wheel drive van (general spec at bottom).
The # on the rear rotors in place is 15727135.
That number seems to be a no-web-site company in China selling rotors in quantity.

There are all sorts of rotors being sold purporting to fit my van.
They do not look alike and in some case even have the incorrect number of lug holes.
I am amazed that ACDelco makes a hand full of rotors that are supposed to fit my van. But other than a picture, name and mostly worthless description there are no specifics to size ... thickness new, discard thickness, diameter, hat size ... zip.

So has anyone written down the manufacturer and model number for rear rotors used on their 3500?
While I am at it, is the same information available for the front rotors?
Old March 8th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Rockauto looks like it has pretty good descriptions

Old March 9th, 2019, 10:22 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Rockauto looks like it has pretty good descriptions
mountainmanjoe,

One of many. No numbers on the face and the ACDelco # listed does not coordinate with the ACDelco catalogue.
So what is it really?

My question is, does anyone have specifications on an installation preformed?

Thank you
Old March 9th, 2019, 4:12 PM
Super Moderator

There isn't just one part number. Delco alone offers about a half a dozen different rotors for your vehicle depending on quality etc. But if you enter the correct vehicle, then it should fit. I don't really understand the problem you are having ...
Old March 9th, 2019, 8:57 PM
CF Active Member

The problem I'm having is retailers being predominately interested in selling something and not providing complete information and/or providing contradictory information. A retailer taking the part back after miscommunication is just not rubbing salt in the wound of wasted time and effort.

... And not getting the question answered. The question is, does anyone have specifications on an installation preformed?

I have actually gotten through to the correct portion of the ACDelco site to find the couple of rotors they make for my VIN.
None of those ACDelco part numbers match the rotor you reference.
Old March 9th, 2019, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

That was just an example. Did you actually visit the site?
Old March 10th, 2019, 4:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did my rear rotors and pads last year, but mine is a half ton. I just went to my local parts regular and asked them for a good-better-best and they gave me some choices. The AC Delco rotors ended being the best value.

As for your question on specs, either they fit or they don't.

There seems to be different size hub holes available, 4.63 and 4.83 inches and you need to be sure of the "hat height"

I would just take one in to the parts store to compare. Once you get a part number that is the same fit, then you can go online and cross index it to find other options etc....

I know what you mean about wasted time. I had a set of delco pads that were way too thick. Turns out an extra x in the middle of a long part number was easy to miss when the parts guy grabbed it off the shelf.

Good hunting.
Old March 10th, 2019, 7:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

As a former parts guy (motorcycle) it's not uncommon for a part number to supersede to a newer number. It can happen for many reasons, most likely a change of source, or minor upgrade. Also not surprising on a 16 year old vehicle. GM Parts Direct list the disc as a 15712803.