Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Cabin Seating

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2017, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin Seating

I have a 2003 Chevy Express that I am converting into a space I can live in. Right now it is completely gutted down to the metal except, of course, the cabin. I want to have better seats for the driver and passenger as I am not thrilled with the factory ones. I want them to swival so I can use as lounge chairs when not moving. I need some guidelines on what I can be looking for. I need some advice.

Keightley
Old December 15th, 2017, 4:43 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum....
if you pay close attention as to how close your seats fit to the doors... you will notice
that the seats sit so close that I dont believe they could swival even if you came up
with your own seat brackets....The older Chevy vans the seats sat lot farther away from the
doors.. to allow them to swival...
NOW... I am no expert and I am only basing this off my own experience with my own
I have replaced my seats with Electric ones. you can follow that thread as well as many
other GREAT UPGRADES.. under Best Upgrades Done.
here on this forum...
I am curious to know if you belong to other forums.. there is another one were those
guys are hard core people that use their vans for camping and living in. you would
prolly benifit from that forum as well as this one...
Old December 15th, 2017, 5:10 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a link to one of the threads here that you might be interested in following ....
might get some ideas...

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...ion-van-72308/
Old December 15th, 2017, 8:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

And if you're like me(on a budget), I've found that just jacking up the front of the stock seats makes a huge difference in comfort. 3/8ths of an inch of washers on the front two bolts(between the pedestal and the seat) does wonders.