Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Change Oil Pressure Sensor

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2019, 2:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Change Oil Pressure Sensor

Hello everybody...
my oil pressure is constant at 100%, I suspect that the oil pressure sensor is defective and will replace it.
My question: where do I have to solve something to remove the doghouse? Are there any screws that need to be loosened somewhere?
And can the console with fridge and DVD player stay in or does it have to be removed before, so I can push the doghouse back enough?
My VAN is a 2006 GMC Savana Explorer Limited SE with 5.3

Greets from Germany
René

Old February 22nd, 2019, 7:54 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello everybody...
my oil pressure is constant at 100%, I suspect that the oil pressure sensor is defective and will replace it.
My question: where do I have to solve something to remove the doghouse? Are there any screws that need to be loosened somewhere?
And can the console with fridge and DVD player stay in or does it have to be removed before, so I can push the doghouse back enough?
My VAN is a 2006 GMC Savana Explorer Limited SE with 5.3

Greets from Germany
René

Hi, not sure where your fridge and DVD player is, I couldn't see them in the picture. I always remove the cubby, will give you more room, 4 10mm bolts holding the cubby. Also to get the doghouse completely out of the way, you can remove the 4 18mm nuts holding the passenger seat, disconnect a couple electric plugs, and put the seat in the back of the van.