Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Changing Drivers seat 2016

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2017, 11:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hinky and hokey at least have somewhat similar meanings. But kinky?

What I want to know is how he find out?
Old October 17th, 2017, 6:41 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WELL crap .. when I read it I was like WHAT....
I went back and re read it again.. I swear I dont know
what My eyes were seeing.... I swear I thought it read Kinky
I was thinking HUH.... wth.. he making a funny...
so I came back with what I did...
but you never did
come back with an update ,.. and thats all I was originally wanting
was an update.. I see now I need to slow down while I am on
my phone .. maybe bring the text up to a bigger font.. lmao.....
Old October 17th, 2017, 8:27 AM
CF Veteran

At 60, I don't go anywhere without cheater glasses.
Old October 17th, 2017, 8:33 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
At 60, I don't go anywhere without cheater glasses.
I love the guys you see in restaurants sometimes, they'll turn on the phone's flashlight to read the menu. 😎
Old October 17th, 2017, 8:52 AM
CF Veteran

Funny you say that, because it was a dark restaurant when I realized I needed cheaters. But it was before smart phones were a thing, so no flashlight.

It will be you one day.
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:06 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
Funny you say that, because it was a dark restaurant when I realized I needed cheaters. But it was before smart phones were a thing, so no flashlight.

It will be you one day.
Stan please, I'm a class of 69'er, I fully know about cheaters and bifocals. I'm a retired carpenter and when I was about 50, I couldn't make out the little itty bitty lines on my tape. Tried the cheaters but didn't like taking them on and off or looking above them all the time. I go to restaurants all the time, and don't need to embarrass myself firing up the phone in torch mode, I bought glasses about 15 years ago, and can read the menus, and most anything else, without breaking out the magnifying glass 🙂. I would guess most people over 50 who rely on cheaters are just trying to hold on to their fleeting youth, and those who shun cheaters or glasses and have to add the above-mentioned torch mode to read, Carly Simon's huge best seller song comes to mind...😇

Last edited by Twscarp; October 17th, 2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old October 17th, 2017, 1:00 PM
CF Veteran

So, you might like this. As a hobbyist wood chiseler, I found safety glasses w/ cheater bifocals. I need a new pair, as they are getting real scratched up. I'm like you, in that I don't like the on and off thing either. That's why I get the short cut "grampa" glasses. Easy to look over. And dollar store. Why pay more, just to loose 'em?

And FYI, just because you need cheaters, doesn't mean you need full blown glasses. As it was explained to me, as we pass 40 or so, our lenses tend to harden. And where most people suffer is inside your arms length area. I enjoyed 20/20 until I hit about 42-43, and still don't have a problem at distance.

Last edited by StanVan; October 17th, 2017 at 1:05 PM.
Old October 17th, 2017, 8:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My 2015 van does not have a seat air bag. Both of my 2016s have seat air bags. I never noticed until this thread. I was always wondering why they bothered to redesign the front seats after 20 years of production, now that explains it...
I guess here goes away the era of changing seats
Few years ago I installed Saab 9-5 seats on my older 2006 van (powered, leather, heated, and cooled/ventilated). Physical install was easy because our van seats have that removable pedestal/base, so all the work can be done outside of the vehicle. You only have to align the pedestal to the seat of your choice, drill new holes and bolt together. Wiring and switches took longer, of course.